CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Avoid being a target - TOO OBSESSIVE by Mimi1478 ..... Narcissism/Sociopathy Survivors Forum

Date:   4/12/2011 6:56:15 PM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   48,105
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1798203

I agree with the author on this topic. This information is anything but excessive. Yes, I agree, the message in each point is Boundaries. Many of us are challenged by setting good boundaries. I see it with others every single day. I think it's good to spell everything out as the OP did...it needs to be very specific in order for people to "get it". Obviously, some of the other posters here weren't able to 'get it'. I've been a target many times, unfortunately.  The S/P / Narcissist is cunning, malicious, unconscionable, cruel, and will stop at nothing in order to manipulate and destroy another person's reputation.  They will also do their very best to completely destroy the inner you until there is nothing left of you. You will be a pile of mush. Yes, mush! They are master manipulators so it is difficult to know when you are being manipulated.  They know just how to slide in/squeeze in without a person realizing what is happening. 

Once, I was interacting with someone I knew was an S/P...she actually was able to manipulate me!!  Afterwards I realized what she had done and I was amused that she slipped past even me.  

People:  what was said here about them being able to slyly turn on the "pity" in order to con others is absolutely true.  I have witnessed it myself.  Didn't realized what it was while it was happening and I thought it was strange behavior and didn't buy into it...never suspecting that this person turning on the 'pity' was going to play a major (unwanted) role in my life.

The reference I used for most of my early education was Bully On-Line. This site is filled with tools, but it's such an extensive site that it's almost intimidating to search through it.  Also, it originates in the UK and their laws must be much different than ours.

I can see why some posters didn't buy what the O/P of this thread is saying.  Unless you have been targeted, you likely will not believe there can be a situation that is as extreme as relating to a S/P or Narcissist.   This is why education is so important.  Even though there are some very good tools listed here, it is almost impossible to explain exactly why someone would choose to treat others the way that the S/P / Narcissist treats people.  How I wish that there would be a major program designed to expose this type of behavior to the public.  

The tools outlined here are essential to being able to survive and go toe-to-toe with them...although I don't mean that we confront them, just that we become able to recognize their traits and run away from them as fast as we can.

There are other resources that say some of the same things as this thread does.  Innocent people would never believe that sociopaths/narcissists are as bad as they actually are.  One source says that most people are raised with values and standards.   They have never known anything else.  To understand that there are people who are polar opposites of this is unfathomable to the average person.    

Right now in the 9 person dept. where I work, out of the 9, there are likely 3 employees who could fit this description.  I am their target. 

There was also a 4th person involved, who used to be one of my "very best friends"  HA!   We'd been friends for a 11 years outside of work.  She became angry with me because I asked for confidentiality about a personal matter.  She went on a rage spree and told everyone she could - lies - what an "evil" person I am.  One of the people she befriended was someone in my dept. that I was friendly with at work.  Immediately, she began manipulating this person, and this other person is now targeting me. 

These personality types stick together and they are able to sniff each other like dogs and know they are the same...and they stick together.  For me, I am very concerned about the outcome of all of this.  The handwriting is on the wall...this person is now hanging with our supervisor...they are always together because she is initiating this with the sup.  She has escalated this relationship ever since she saw that the sup and I have a lot in common and have friendly discussions.  The S/P does not like to lose a potential manipulation.  This situation is all too familiar because the S/P I mentioned a few paragraphs above did exactly the same thing...she wooed our supervisor with compliments and promises...and the rest was history.

The only question I have is: do all of them have this riveting stare that most sources talk about?  Or can some of them appear to be normal?

There's so much more I could share, and will stop for now. 

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1798203