CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Sex, self-gratification & Adrenal Fatigue by Tarlachcaitlin ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   2/11/2011 3:41:32 PM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   52,405
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1768133

Well first off, your body has probably become addicted to the stimulatory effects of all those things. I don't think you're a bad person, a lot of people get addicted to sugar, caffiene, and orgasm. But see, the body was never designed to have those things on any kind of regular basis, sad to say.

What I would do is rid the food stims (caffiene, sugars, chocolate, etc) and taper down on the orgasms. Have a goal for once a week? Does that sound reasonable?

In the meantime, you can try a combination of these things.

Passionflower (my supplement has 150mg in it, but I think you can take up to 600mg of it) to induce tiredness.

Valerian (again my supplement has 150mg but you can take about twice that much) to relax the body.

GABA (SUPER IMPORTANT-up to 400mg) for slow wave sleep and inducing normal sleep cycles.

Glycine (2000-2500mg at night) for slow wave sleep.

5-HTP (50-150mg) precursor to tryptophan, a sleep inducer.

Melatonin: Melatonin can be tricky, for some people taking tiny amounts is more effective than taking a lot. Start at .5-1mg, try that for a few days if it doesn't work, then up it by .5 mg and so on.

Some people do better on time-release and some people need sublingual or liquid form. It all depends on what is causing the body to have difficulty sleeping.

Take these on an empty stomach, NO EATING for an hour before you take this or it will have trouble absorbing.

Another good sleep supplement that has worked for a lot of people is called Herbsom, it's made by Dr. Zhang and you can get it w/o a prescription through Hepapro. You can take up to 6 at a time, though 6 makes me feel sick. I'd start with two and slowly work up.

In addition, make sure and get fats and proteins in every meal, drops in blood Sugar can cause insomnia in SOME AFers. Mercury-free fish oil is good too.

If NONE of this helps at all, you may need to take a sleep med SHORT TERM. The safest ones (side effect wise) are Lunesta, Temazepam, and Rozerem (Rozerem is formulated from Melatonin, I think).

Try using the natural alternatives first, some supplement companies make sleep meds that have all of those ingredients in ONE supplement. Which of course, saves you money! However, if it works, you're left wondering which ingredient was helping you.

I hope this helps you some, you are not alone.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1768133