CureZone   Log On   Join

EFT: all about sharpening the language, and asking better questions by chirontherainbowbridge ..... EFT Tapping: Emotional Freedom Technique

Date:   2/8/2011 2:50:02 PM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,871
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1766293

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

This is the aspect that is at first hard for some/a lot of people, who for whatever various reasons are not comfortable at articulating themselves.

Dearly wish I could insert here, one of my favorite videos of Gary Craig working with a lady named Lynn who'd been given a blood diagnosis that really depressed her. The subtle and playful way he got language 'working' -as an instrument of truth- was a delight and a pleasure to behold. In the end (the end being a few minuted later) they were both laughing, and resonating at a frequency far above ideas of "blood clumping" and "rouleaux", and indeed the blood sample re-tested and shown on screen verified the results. Lots of oxygen, no rouleaux, no "I'm really feeling bad".

As people have said in a thread below this one, once you get the language working, EFT flows. When I first started to play with EFT--playing is a good way to start: going easy on yourself, since it's a learning curve; one thing I thought to do was to keep a little book, and in it, just note the feelings that arose, when I set my intention toward doing some minutes of EFT. So, this would not translate to words right away; a person gets better and better at framing the "even though" part of EFT. But it could often be jotted down, in point form, and then refined later. So I thought; I could keep a little book, and write down whatever bothered me, and then in my EFT sessions, when I chose to hone in, I could go through these points, one by one, and cross them off. A 'to-do list' of the best kind. The really good part is, that I wouldn't become overwhelmed, as often people can be when they first open the attic - or the cellar door, and everything that's been waiting in there now comes spilling out. This way, with the little book, you take note of it in one brief sentence, and then work through each issue, one at a time.

Yes, there are other ways, but this is a good way for someone who'd doing EFT totally on their own, as I've done.

Here is the whole point, as I see it; to frame the arising or predominant experience in precise and simple terms. This doesn't mean anything sophisticated. Quite the reverse--it's a first words/first impressions kind of thing, the EFT process, and a "side-effect" of it (at last, a positive one!) is that it sharpens intuition as well. Intuition being simply attunement to *inner tuition*, or to sharpening what one might be able to hear/recognize, if one could hear past the chatter and noise).

One of the keys to better articulation is to ask better questions. This is something that just came to me. It's when I go through locating the best question, when I am dowsing that the best statement comes to mind. Equally, asking more and better questions everyday is a way of raising one's vibrational level, which naturally has some very positve side-effects.

What's a good question?

Here's one. What is the thing that I am currently "doing" that is causing the biggest (or subtlest) obstacle to my experience of gratitude? That's a good question, because it sees from beyond "lack", that gratitude is the place that if one's there, one can be creative and happy, getting "the most beauty for the least", as one teacher put it. This would equate to working smarter, not harder, and all those good things. Why use the quotation marks?
Good question. The reason is, "doing" for example,is actually an illusion, and the quotes remind the deeper part of the mind, the part that knows this, that I know this is the case. "I" should probably be in quotes too, and in this mind, it is. :-) Why? Because we are bigger than I.

So, this thought of "ask better questions" is a big recognition for me, that took me some time to articulate, (years) even though this process of EFT is very much involved with asking questions. With EFT we implicitly ask: "what can I do, or not do that would unravel what appears to be the problem?" then we hone in to what layer or veil is the current one. Okay--sometimes it's not a veil, it's a big stone, or a wall, but the fact that it dissolves or goes from a ten to a 0 is proof of its ultimate lack of substance.

Ho'oponopono -too- has got it right. It starts from a place of recognition (or faith)that whatever is going on that seems to be the problem is actually a misperception, and that being so, one works on the perceiver. (one's self) Same goes for EFT.

This is how Gary Craig says it, in this video I wish I could share here. he asks Lynn to explain what the MDs have told her is the "diagnosis", and she explains it. The he makes sure he's heard it correctly, and repeats it, and in a very funny and sweet moment, that is easy to miss, his eyes are twinkling with humour, because he *knows*, he says "oh, so this is what you're doing"...and then corrects himself quickly, to "this is what the body is doing". The point cannot be missed by anyone who's watched this once, or experienced a bit of EFT. He then adds, "But I'm interested in what causes that...and she agrees. And within minutes, he has her in stitches as she keeps tapping on, "and I'm realllly tired". Which she is not.

funny expression that: "in stitches", suggesting to me an image of a golden needle and some sky blue thread made up of light, sewing up the field at the quantum level, and mending whatever "perceived" tears existed. We know perceived experience is valid, it's how we begin; how we grow, and how we translate sensation and emotion to notes that can fill up a little EFT workbook. We also know, (or come tolearn) 9/10th of the time perceived experience is not actually real--once you can see past it.

C

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1766293