CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Reaction to taking Armour Thyroid? Eye pain? by Whispering Wind ..... Hypothyroid & Wilson’s Disease

Date:   1/21/2011 3:13:45 PM ( 13 y ago)
Hits:   7,379
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1756730

Yes, I do have hashi. The awful part of it I have found is the roller coaster hyper to hypo up and down. Earlier years I had days I would fly like someone hopped me up on sixteen shots of espresso and then days would follow I would hit the floor..I had no clue what or why that was happening at the time. As time went on I had less hyper episodes and more hypo episodes until finally two years ago I couldn't get out of bed. I was sleeping up to 16 hours a day. Finally got diagnosed and went on meds. I have not used Amour, the dessicated from the compounding pharmacy is the same, it's all natural as is the Nature Throid. Not sure what they have done with Armour to comply with FDA but I have heard that some women are doing fine and others are doing horrible..however I have read more horribles than goods on this very subject..women were outraged over this change and many cannot get dessicated through compounding pharm or a doc to prescribe, plus the cost is another issue.

So yeah, I'm trying not to be on anything for now and so far so good. It took a good few weeks of IO therapy to get me to a level where I have lots of energy. I am taking Nascent three times a day. When I resumed using it I was taking much more than this, just trying to get my system a bit saturated. I was using IO while on thyroid meds too so I am sure that helped to keep my thyroid med dose lower than if I had not. I fell off taking IO last fall when I was feeling great...I went off the thyroid meds and felt really good for about three weeks and I hit the floor bad, got so sick I couldn't think myself out of a wet paper bag. After months of this it finally hit me that I had failed to use the IO since Sept. ooops...well now I'm realizing I can use much more IO without the thyroid meds than when I was taking the meds. I am hoping this keeps up and gets better and better as I go along. I'll keep you posted on my progress and let me know how you are doing as well. It's nice to talk to someone going through similar.

Thyroid is such a sensitive organ that I think it really does take a lot of observation on a daily basis to make sure you are getting what you need from your diet and even meds that need adjusting. Once you find that fine balance it works great. I have had times where I had it working great but it never seems to stay that way for very long so again, I am hoping that my body will find a good balance with the right amount of supplements and IO. I'm seriously considering ordering Iodoral because I know many women on CZ have had really great results using it. Maybe that is part of the mystery to all of this as well, finding the right one that brings about the most tremendous change for the body to go YES this is it. lol

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1756730