CureZone   Log On   Join

question on melesma by tigerlily23 ..... Chloasma & Melasma Forum

Date:   8/21/2010 1:46:21 AM ( 14 y ago)
Hits:   2,509
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1674356

i got this problem with melesma for quite a while now. i used to take birth control since i was 15-21 because of the horrible pains and heavy bleeding of my period. now, i dont take that anymore and just use herbs and green supplements for my period.

i live in AZ, where it is hot and i am originally from cali. i am african american born light complected and stayed that for a long time until we moved here. parts of my arms have been sun damaged while the other part is still naturally light complected. i have used sun screen, it does nothing for me. i would get darker and in the winter time get lighter thats when my skin would come back to normal but not 100% normal. u know, some african americans skin complexions change when they get older thats what happen to me and my siblings.

i was given a prescription to help with melesma. it did help for a while then it didnt work anymore and i used it as told by the dermo. he wasnt any help, he was rude and felt he was racist so i stopped seeing him. since getting into herbs, 5 yrs ago, i have been looking at ways to ligten my skin. on note, PLEASE DONT GIMME GRIEF ABOUT LOVE YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE, IF I WANTED TO HEAR THAT ID GO ON DR PHIL TO LET HIM REMIND ME TO LOVE MYSELF! anyway, this is about correcting an issue not about a race thing!

so, yes, my skin is uneven one part light and the other skin discoloring. i do wear long sleeves and pants all year round because of the sun unless it is dark clouds with no sun then i will take off my long sleeves. on another note: I HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE DUE TO TURNING 24 IN JAN 2010 PLUS STILL NO JOB AND STILL LOOKING FOR ONE AND NO MONEY. so, cant really go to a doc i could but then id be running up my credit card.

i have seen white spots like just 2 on my face from the sun, but that was a long time ago what is that? i seem to have too much estrogen from those birth control pills and since that seems to be a reason why i have melesma now i understand. i was told at an organic store that MSM is really good with skin ligtening, has anyone ever tried it? if so, what are the testimonials? i even saw a skin lightening product its organic plus has red algae in it by spa technology been a while since ive been on their site.

how does MSM work for the skin? i also heard clay was good too for skin lightening. if anyone has any tips or suggestions let me know.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1674356