CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Premature aging...I need immediate help! by #23300 ..... Hypothyroid & Wilson’s Disease

Date:   5/20/2004 7:25:05 AM ( 20 years ago ago)
Hits:   13,709
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=16602

I suffered similarly to this. All my thyroid tests showed negative - even though my TSH rose 600% over 18 months... the doctors wouldn't take me seriously - even though my hair was falling out, my BBT was low and my skin had aged 5 years in about 6 months. I was very depressed about it. I have been following a fairly healthy regime - start the morning with a soya milk shake with protein powder to support my adrenals - no wheat, no dairy .... It turns out the main culprit was soya. It is well known in the scientific community for over 50 years that soya is oestrogenic (has oestrogen type capabilities) and goitrogenic (slows down the thyroid). The simplest search on the net will find you lots of information on this. I stopped eating soya straight away and while I'm not back to where I was before, I'm better than I was... I am angry that this information is not better known and that women like myself in their mid 30's to 40's are suffering from hormone problems due to the food manufacturers hiding this product in so many foods we eat now, and not telling us just how bad it is (and that doesn't even raise the issue of GM)...

Don't eat soya milk or isolated soya protein - occasional tofu or tempeh won't hurt you - nor miso if you aren't yeast intolerant. But the purified stuff, or any of it in any quantity is bad for you.

Oh check out Chinese doctor. They are very good on aging.. try Chi Kung - yoga is only good if you do the gestlest form and drink lots of water. I have two friends who are yoga teachers and they are both younger than me but more wrinkled. The diet you are on may be a healthy diet, but it may not be the healthiest for you. All raw foods is good for some people and bad for others... vegan diet is good for some but bad for others... I was a veg for 15 years but have had to start eating meat as the dairy and wheat I had been eating so much of I've become intolerant to.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=16602