CureZone   Log On   Join

Thank you Wombat! by #126785 ..... Gulf Oil Spill

Date:   7/1/2010 8:28:48 AM ( 14 y ago)
Hits:   2,987
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1645864

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

We are a petroleum based economy, everyone knows the handwriting is on the wall with an unsustainable culture, but changing it into another form only seems to be an excuse of the rich to get richer.
Tesla invented an energy producing machine in the late 1880, it got scooped up by I think one of the rockerfellers (Standard Oil) as I recall,and it and all of his other revolutionary research and ideas are property of the Feds.
Down here, a lot of us blame the greenies for insisting that the drilling has to be 'out of sight', they don't have to see those ugly oil rigs.
Finally, on day 73 of this horrible disaster, the epa may (repeat MAY) allow the worlds largest skimmer to begin work, it picks up as much oil as all the rest combined, but the EPA Environmental Protection Agency has stopped it because they had to dither about how much oil it released, and they weren't sure it met it's guidelines.
I notice they haven't stomped on the corexit.
I am a die hard enviornmentalist, but I have a brain, and it is clear that the environmental movement has been co-opted and is being used to push cap and trade. A great cash cow, if ever I saw one, and one that doesn't in the least stop carbon emissions, it just allows companies to buy carbon emissions from companies who don't need them.
Someone here posted a thread about where the environmentalists were, my first reaction was maybe they have a bit of a conscience, and they've done enough damage.
Or they might just consider that people down here are pretty pissed off, and maybe they can just go do their protests somewhere where someone wants them.
Darn it, I know people mean well, but you have to look below the surface and see who actually benefits, it always pays to follow the money.
I notice that even Clinton was bashing Obama on his lack of response on the Gulf of Mexico, and Oh Boy, congress has appointed yet another comission.
julie77

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.01 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1645864