CureZone   Log On   Join

anecdote / benefits & question re - red raspberry leaf by ohfor07 ..... Ask Dr Mom: Ask Sandra K. Ellis M.H.

Date:   5/13/2010 11:19:33 AM ( 14 y ago)
Hits:   2,946
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1621925

This is an indirect cross-posting of a post I just put on Uny's Natural Healing forum. I'm asking the same here since I know you, Doctor Mom, have also studied under Doc John Christopher. Thanks in advance.

----
First, here is what I generally know about the beneficial use of Red Raspberry leaf: 1) Doc John Christopher used this to help a variety of " women ailments", some of which I believe were related to ebb & flow of hormone levels; 2) Doc John also recommended RRLeaf Tea for woman and man alike as a specific for ridding a cold and or flu. I can confirm the latter as I've had success, on multiple occasions, quickly knocking out a cold that appeared to be settling into me. As for the former, well, being a guy I cannot confirm the "fixes female ailments" but I am aware that there are ample women out there who have corroborated this..... okay, so much for what I generally know about RRLeaf.

Secondly, back around Easter a friend from work had been fighting a cold for a week or two. I had been out for a week so by the time I discovered this the cold had already gotten entrenched in this guy for over a week... stuffy head, congested lungs, the cold routine, you know? On the first day back to work after Easter vacation the guy came into my office one day and asked "do you have anything in your herbal bag of tricks that will help my congested head / lungs ?" I could tell just by the sound of his voice that he was really clogged up in his nasal passages. I reached into my bag, pulled out dropper bottle of air restore and gave it to this guy with instructions on what to expect from the taste. He put a dropper full under his toungue and then swallowed after a few seconds. He stayed there talking to me for a few minuts and then all of a sudden he say " oh, wow ", and at that point I could hear by the way that the tone of his voice changed that his nasal passages had just loosened up, but I said "oh, wow, what?". He said "my nasal passages just opened up big time". We then chatted about Lobelia for a few minutes. At the end of this conversation I told him "let me make you a cup of hot RRL tea, it is a specific for cold / flu " ... and yes, I literally keep a small pantry full of herbs in my office at work :) At the end of the day I gave him a small baggy of RRL and told him to continue drinking the hot tea up til bed time. He did this for 2 nights in a row, and although this did improve his cold somewhat, he came to work on the third day to tell me something he was really excited about: " for the last several months Ive been having problems waking up in the middle of the night, but for the last 2 nights when I had been drinking the RRL tea, I slept straight through the night without interruption. Do you have any idea why / how RRL does this?". I told him I did not know an answer. To confirm his suspicion, on the third night he did not have any RRL tea prior... and sure enough, his sleep was interrupted again in the middle of the night.

I don't know what this is all about but I've now partly converted this guy into believing in the power and benefits of natural remedies like herbs. He is awaiting delivery of a few pounds of RRL that he bought on line.... and he's also interested in getting his own copy of Doc John's SoNH Guide Book :)

Does anyone know or can you generally explain how / why the RRL tea is helping this male guy person sleep through the night? Is this simply a matter of the particular mineral content of RRL providing some healty beneift, or is the explanation it more complicated? ... while I'm at it, can anyone explain why RRL helps with women ailments...and is also a specific for cold/flu?

Thanks.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1621925