CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: ..Your Dad Used a Power Adapter? by believenatural ..... Ionic Foot Bath Forum

Date:   4/13/2010 11:24:54 PM ( 14 y ago)
Hits:   4,247
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1605691

Hi ladylove,

Tonight we did not run the foot bath because by the time I went to my Mom's house it was late and my dad by 9:30pm said he had so much energy and worked so much in the yard today that he was exhausted and he needed to go to bed early. I did not want to do the foot bath without them. I wanted to compare our experiences.

But to answer your questions, please see below;

1. Did the positive pole begin bubbling right away, or was there a delay before it happened?

Funny you ask because I actually counted the seconds. I even asked my Dad once if the thing was plugged in. it took like 7 seconds for me to see the first bubbles.

2. What did your Dad use for the stainless steel elements?
(I am attempting it with butter knives).

My Mom had a grater she never used. My Dad cut that in half. he said it was perfect since it had all those holes and water could go through it easily. He read that if you use plates you need to make sure the bottom portion has an opening so the water can circulate. he wanted to use some spoons but said it would be hard to mount it with what he had. But I am sure the knife works fine. Really anything is fine.

3. How far apart were the stainless steel elements you used? Mine are about as far apart as the width of a wine cork, with the flat of the blades facing each other. The wine cork is not submerged, it is above the waterline.

My Dad said the closer they are, the stronger the current. He placed them may be 3/4 of a wine cork.

4. Did you use distilled water? I'm using RO, but will switch to distilled if it's necessary (When I know I've got it working, I'll only use distilled with my feet, but I have to buy the distilled stuff by the gallon, and there's already an RO filter on the house.)

We used tap water this time. and 1 tsp of Sea Salt .

5. I have one of those old, manual, switchable 6/12V car battery chargers around the house here somewhere. I don't know if it's a float charger or not though. Does your Dad have an opinion about whether I can use that?

I will ask him tomorrow.

By the way, about blowing up the place, :)..........My Dad is an engineer and as an older engineer he knows about everything, plumbing, electricity, he can lay floors and build houses....he has worked with lots of electricity all his life. He was very comfortable with using the power adaptor although my Mom was not that convinced. he kept saying I cannot get electrocuted with 1 amp but she did not let me put my feet in the water until my Dad first placed his finger in it first. She said if anyone was going to get electrocuted, she preferred it was him and not me. LOL We all joked about it but my Dad knew better than arguing with my Mom so he did put his finger in the water to show her that everything was fine.

I just thought about it, is your charger turning on and nothing happens or does turn on and switches off before you see anything in the water. because if it stays on and you do not see anything may be you need more salt. I used tap water so there were already stuff in the water, but if you use RO water, you probably need more salt. just very slowly add salt (or better make some strong salt water in a separate container and slowly add that to the tub) until you see some bubbling. If you still do not see it, there might be something wrong with the battery charger or the fact that it shuts off automatically is what it makes it not work. I can ask my Dad tomorrow too.

I am kind of bummed that we were not able to do it tonight but I am glad my Dad went to bed early. I hope he sleeps all through the night. That would be something.

take care
Sami

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1605691