CureZone   Log On   Join

I'm giving up. by healthisvital ..... EFT Tapping: Emotional Freedom Technique

Date:   11/30/2009 9:31:43 PM ( 15 y ago)
Hits:   2,867
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1532653

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Just wanted to say that everyone has been saying that they find EFT to be easy and I find it to be extremely difficult. everytime I start tapping on an emotion in the present and focusing on it, all these related childhood emotions and situations start flooding forward. You're supposed to tap on one thing until you reach zero but how the hell do you reach zero when everytime you tap a whole flood of new sh*t comes bursting forward. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, drowning in an ocean trying to stay afloat. the related emotions trigger different pressures in different areas in the body.

For example I haven't heard from the girl that I'm dating in a week. I sent her a text yesterday and I called her and left a message today. She hasnt returned my call or message and i have no idea why. She's been online so she's obviously not that busy. So when I thought about it, it triggered a strong emotion of rejection, so I tapped on rejection, before i even finished a round of tapping an intense memory from childhood surface, of my mother who herself had bipolar and often had to leave us for extended hospital stays starting from my birth until her eventual suicide when i was 13. So tapping on the rejection brought up feelings of rejection and abandonment from childhood but then when I started to tap on abandonment then intense emotions of never knowing my father surfaced making me feel low self worth due to his never being in my life, so as soon as I started tapping on low self worth then more emotions surfaced of being in children's home's and my aunts promising to visit each weekend but never showing up. The emotions get more intense and more intense and more parts of my body start tightening very badly and its never ending. One round of tapping leads to some other intense emotion before I've even gotten that intense emotion under control. Then before I know it my entire body is tight and throbbing and i have way more pain and emotion than i even started with.

I'm kind of ready to give up, this just isnt working for me.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1532653