CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: There is hope! by dar7726 ..... Alzheimer’s Disease Forum

Date:   7/26/2006 10:47:16 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   2,560
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=15290

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Took mom to the doctor today. She was in good spirits....happy even. She joked and was playful. She liked the doctor. The doc came in and said...she definately had an infection. Then turned to mom and said...are you feeling kinda (can't remember now his exact words) off or wacky lately...(kidney infections are known to really throw the brain off in the elderly with dementia).

I said, actually doc she has been doing really well since we started her on this new vitamin/mineral formula...it's just that she told us that she had a burning sensation so we made the appointment. And he said, really what is the supplement. I preceded to tell him about it, gave him a flyer on it and 2 samples. Told him I was not there to sell him on this, but to share the wonderful improvements that we had seen in mom and how it was helping the rest of us. Especially since he was into natural health (he is such an amazing humanitarian type guy, but a regula MD) that we wanted to let him know the benefits. If he found it worth while he could share it with so many others....he is a director of a nursing home.

I told him how mom (who was on heart med after the last time we saw him) started refusing all meds and vitamins. And he said...but she'll take this? I said yes, cause we mix it with grape juice and tell her that this is all that she's taking. I told him it is a berry flavor but we mix it with grape juice just in case she would find it not to her liking.

He gave me undivided attention...asked a lot of questions and said it sounds amazing. I said, it even has co q 10 in it and his response was...that is worth the price right there.

Mom's blood pressure was elevated and he was about to talk to us about getting her back on the blood pressure meds...I then said, I was wondering if this product would make her pressure better over time...and he said, he is certainly willing to give it a try.

She told him that I was her daughter and that she has 3 boys. WHOA! I said what are there names mom and she gave them without skipping a beat. I said...that's a first. Two weeks ago she would not have been able to do that.

He told mom that her smile lights up the room.

As we left and Doug went to get the car she was playful some more and said she liked having fun! This was a woman who was in her own world less than two weeks ago. AMAZING!

Love and hugs to all,
Darlene

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=15290