CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Need help and asistance with someone who is sick - My advices by ntuc ..... Schizophrenia & Schizoaffecive Disorder

Date:   7/1/2009 2:42:25 AM ( 15 y ago)
Hits:   1,395
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1447718

I have gone through your post and my advice to you is such that maybe you should try to subtly, indirectly and implicitly change her perspectives, perceptions and views about other people, especially those who are closely around and really care for her, by implicitly sending such a message (through indirect hints) that " there are still lots of people who are ready and willing to help you" to her. As such, to achieve this, close co-operations and co-ordinations from such related others would certainly be needed.

Next, having achieved that and getting her convinced of that particular fact and after she develops well enough personal confidences to deal socially with other people, then maybe you can slowly, gradually and progressively introduce her to some other friends, I mean the ones who genuinely care about her and are able to influence her positively and inspiringly through having simple meals, doing some leisurely amusement activities like playing indoor games such as chess / other board games etc, watching tv / movies, shoppings, singing together in karaoke rooms / settings at home, strolling, walking, jogging in the parks, getting involved in her hobbies - by engaging in those pastimes with her (strictly applicable only after a high level of affinity has been achieved and established between her and the related others) etc.

Whilst the main thing of concern is that it would be very important for her to really feel personally comfortable in the presence and company of these "new friends / related others", or else, her conditions may just turn from bad to worse if such efforts are not successfully, tactfully and skillfully done. Hence, all these efforts would need to be done in such a way that would seem to be 100 % natural (and not purposefully /deliberately done) to her. As such, it would be very important for all these efforts to be done subtly, indirectly, implicitly, gradually, slowly, progressively and strictly on a step-by-step basis.

Hence great and tremendous amounts of patiences would certainly be needed in changing her perspectives, perceptions and views about other poeple around her, to subsequently get her to feel absolutely comfortable and confident with the presence and company of the others, and lastly to try to get her to gradually and slowly accept the friendships of the others.

In such connection, as far as patiences are concerned, one would need to be extremely sensitive to her feelings (such as the ones shown from her facial expressions, gestures, emotional / physical reactions etc) , moods and other dispositions in such a sense that in the case whereby she appears to get uncomfortably agitated / annoyed / emotionally-disturbed to certain things / scenarios / people, one should try one's best to immediately keep her away from them. In short, in achieving the objectives above, one would need to pay close attentions to her feelings to ensure that she doesn't get hurt emotionally. So, good luck and I wish you guys all the best.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1447718