CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: POSSIBLE HELP, Re: Help! Can't Breathe! Bad sinus problems by SJS ..... Sinusitis, Sinus Infections Forum

Date:   7/29/2004 3:43:44 PM ( 20 y ago)
Hits:   3,310
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=136614

Hello, Jeanxyz,

Well, in reply to your 2 posts today, about which brand of Colloidal Silver to use for the SINUS INFECTION, and your noting that you're also taking YOGURT (etc.), here's what I've come up with. Again, please keep in mind that while I'm researching as intensively as I can, I'm not an expert at this, but I'm working on it!

So, my topics in this post are (1) Colloidal Silver , (2) YOGURT, ETCETERA:

1. Colloidal Silver : Something of a puzzle, at least in part.

I've looked through many websites (commercial and government and presumably independent non-commercial (but who can say for sure?), had email & phone communications with a few manufacturers and presumed experts, hope to soon access and plow through a bunch of technical references that were listed at some sites, have even downloaded and am reading a 2-megabyte PDF-format research-book on the matter (from silver-colloids.com), and still I'm puzzled -- at least partly -- as to which type or brand of colloidal silver to use for a sinus infection.

This is a real "detective job". But the one thing I've concluded from my reseasrch is this: for internal sinus cleansing, apparently one should NOT use any MSP (Mild Silver Protein) form of colloidal silver. The reason given: the protein (which is used to keep the silver particles, which are not ions and therefore are uncharged,suspended in the solution) may harbor bacteria. It's unclear to me as to whether the protein may be contaminated and possibly contain bacteria to start with, or if the protein picks up, harbors, nourishes, and transports the bacteria (etcetera) that's already in the sinuses to other areas of the sinuses. Additionally, so I gather, the protein also forms a barrier between the silver particles and the sinus bacteria (etc.) that you want to kill -- a fairly counterproductive plan. So in any case, it appears to me that using MSP colloidal silver internally for lavaging the sinuses is NOT to be done.

As to the issue of whether to use a colloidal silver product whose silver is comprised exclusively, or primarily -- because some products mix the two -- of silver ions, as opposed to silver atoms or molecules , this is a question I've been trying to get a definitive answer on too.

One manufacturer, Natural Immunigenics (natural-immunogenics.com) -- which sells a colloidal silver product (Sovereign Silver) that is, they say, primarily ion-based (though I seem to recall hearing or seeing that it also contains a small percentage of silver atoms/molecules; I must check this) -- is adamant in its claim that ions SAFE and are the only way to go ? and that silver atoms/molecules, which are electrically neutral, have NO effect on pathogens. That last assertion just doesn't sound right to me, so I want to research it further. But from what I've seen so far, Sovereign Silver seems (according to their information) to have perhaps the smallest silver particles of them all, at something in the range of (they say) 0.0008 microns. They also claim that their silver ions are extremely evenly dispersed and well-formed. If all that is correct, that's pretty good.

Yet another manufacturer, such as Purest Colloids (purest---colloids.com), which makes Mesosilver, asserts (as I understand it) that silver ions can in fact be HARMFUL to the body, should NOT be used, and that neutral silver atoms/molecules are the only way to go, and that the evidence is that electrically neutral silver atoms/molecules absolutely DO kill pathogens. And they present their evidence that this is true too.

For example, take a look at the "Silver Colloids" website (silver-colloids.com). The site identifies itself as a site that is "dedicated to the publication and dissemination of scientific information about colloidal silver". It does not (at least as I've seen) specifically state whether or not it's fully independent of any silver colloid commercial interests, but it does give the appearance of being independent. The site presents loads of guidance and laboratory research-results on a variety of silver colloid brands and types. But is it completely accurate, or are its testing-methods fully appropriate? I assumed so, until another colloidal silver company told me that in their opinion the truth was otherwise, claiming that the the Silver Colloids website may have a vested interest in making Mesosilver look good. Is that claim legitimate? Who should I believe? And if they are connected, would that necessarily mean that the lab's information comparing the various brands (including Mesosilver) is skewed -- or is the presumed connection irrelevant, and the comparisons and data correct?

All I know it that all I want is the facts about which type and version (and brand) of colloidal silver is the safest and the best to use, generally and especially for sinus infection, because I have such an infection and it?s urgent that I find a cure for it.

Mesosilver, which I've seen is available from the manufacturer (purest---colloids.com) and elsewhere (another is colloidsforlife.com, or maybe it's colloids-for-life.com), also looks pretty good at first glance, assuming that Purest Colloids' data about it are accurate. Their site says that Mesosilver has no MSP and is comprised of extremely fine elemental silver particles (atoms or molecules) in a finely dispersed suspension. The Silver Colloids website presents almost glowingly positive data about Mesosilver, and one or both sites also present a strong argument for staying away from using silver ions and for the pathogen-killing effectiveness of pure elemental silver. Sounds great if it's all true.

But a competitor, whom I spoke with, claims that the two websites are somehow commercially connected, such that, the competitor claims, there is -- in his view -- a conflict of interest there that may lead to the presentation of data that is not objective. In any case, regardless of which source one looks to for testing-data, this competitor emphasized, are the testing-techniques employed in ascertaining the quality, size, dispersion, and other such factors, about any given brand of colloidal silver: different kinds of lab equipment -- even if they're all designed to measure the same particular qualitative factor -- can well produce different and thus potentially inaccurate results for the same thing being measured, or so this person told me.

Another point, perhaps not so critical, disturbed me:

Mesosilver -- which, if it's overall claims are accurate, looks pretty good -- is sold in plastic bottles, rather than in glass bottles. The website says that this is the same kind of plastic that bottled water and other such liquid products are sold in, and claims that because Mesosilver's silver content is elemental and therefore stable, glass is not necessary. Perhaps. But this use of plastic bottling, especially for something that we might lavage our sinuses with, bothers me, because I recall having read and heard in the news on many occasions some time ago that the plastic that's commonly used for bottling drinking-water leeches dangerous chemicals into that water -- chemicals that can be very harmful to a person's health. So is the Mesosilver plastic bottling also a risk, or not? I know that loads of liquid medications come in plastic bottles too; but does that mean that we're all at risk every time we drink something from a plastic bottle, or not? If you (or someone) can dig up accurate scientific information on that one and let me know, I'd be interested to read it.

Then there's the question of how many particles per million (ppm) (or is that particles per milliliter?) one should use. I've seen wildly different claims -- almost all of them alleging safety -- ranging from 3 ppm to the thousands of ppm. My tendency, at this stage, is to opt for the lower ranges, of perhaps 10-20ppm. Too high a ppm, such as above maybe 20 or 50, can, I'm told, possibly lead to something called a "Herxheimer Reaction", if the user takes too much and too often. This reaction has something to do with throwing the body's chemistry put-of-whack for awhile and placing a great stress on some of its organs for awhile. Plug the phrase "Herxheimer Reaction" into a search-engine and I think you'll come up with a clearer definition -- and maybe have some more ideas about colloidal silver choices.

So, again, whom to believe? ELEMENTAL vs IONIC? MSP vs non-MSP (I think the non-MSP makes sense)? ACCURACY OF DATA and of HEALTH-CLAIMS? SAFETY & EFFECTIVENESS vs POTENTIAL HARMFULNESS & INEFFECTIVENESS? "Sovereign Silver" (ionic)? "Mesosilver" (elemental)? Other types and brands? Oy, oy, oy!

It's almost enough to make a person throw up his/her hands and holler at the healthfood store clerk, "Just gimme a bottle, I don't give a damn what kind of colloidal silver is in it anymore! I just want to be HEALED!".

Anyway, in my research I've found some websites that at least also provide -- after their blurbs -- bibliographical references to research-literature about colloidal silver. To what extent those references themselves are based on solid, accurate, comprehensive, well-laid-out, relevant, scientific research, I do not yet know. Some references go back to the early years of the 20th Century (which pre-dates modern techniques of producing more-refined colloidal silver), some date to the 1930s, some date to contemporary times; some refer to legitimate medical literature, some refer to articles in the popular press, and some apparently even refer to unpublished papers. Oy, oy, oy, and yet another oy!

But if it's any help to you -- if you have the time or inclination to plow through any of this stuff, between steaming your schnozzle and guzzling immune-boosters -- here are some URLs to pages that I've discovered that provide what look like useful bibliographies:

http://www.all-natural.com/silver-1.html

http://www.alchemistproducts.com/books/silver9.htm

And the Silver Colloids book is downloadable from:
http://www.silver-colloids.com/Book/SilverColloids-s.pdf

Please let me know what you find or decide. Thanks.

(2) YOGURT, ETCETERA:

From all that I've been advised, it is very important to STAY AWAY FROM DAIRY PRODUCTS while fighting this sinus condition. That means do NOT take yogurt (unless your doctor tells you otherwise). Instead, take an acidophilus, or combination acidophilus & bifidus, supplement, which you can buy in capsule-form at the healthfood store. Dairy, it turns out, induces the secretion of our friendly sinus-inhabiting pal Mucus. As I understand it, on the one hand mucus is normally good, as it moistens and protects our membranes from invasion; but on the other hand, if too much is produced, especially in cases of sinus inflammation/infection, the mucus can serve to keep the bacteria (etc.) up there, clogging the body's healthful tendency to try to wash those things out. So dairy, which increases mucus-production, is a no-no.

By the way, a useful pharmaceutical (which I think may be herbally-based) that can help keep the mucus thin and un-cloggy is Guaifenesin. Ask your doctor if this might be safe and useful for you. My understanding is that it?s very safe ? but ask to be sure. You can buy it over-the-counter at most pharmacies (unless your doctor wants to give you a special form of it by prescription).

But acidophilus & bifidus in supplement-form can be very beneficial, both to your sinuses, your digestive tract, and , I believe, your overall health, in that these bacterial cultures seek to establish (or re-establish) a proper and safe balance been themselves and other bacteria or fungi; plus, of course, acidophilus and bifidus are very good and necessary for proper digestion and bowel movements.

You mention that you don't use a sweetener in the yogurt. Good! However, if you like sweetness in your foods, a good choice -- one that won't nourish your body's bacteria or fungi -- might be to go to the healthfood store (or search for a healthfood site on the internet) and buy a liquid called STEVIA. It's an herb-based sweetener that has NO sugars and tastes VERY sweet. I've read that it may even possess some antibacterial or immune-enhancing properties. I've used it and it tastes great.

One last thought: I've just begun using a regimen of Chinese herbs, specially selected for me by an experienced Chinese herbologist/acupuncturist to whom I was recommended. She analyzed me in terms of my "Yin" and "Yang", my overall energy, looked at my tongue and face and skin and posture, discussed with me my needs and feelings, observed my way of speaking with her, and who knows what else, and decided very quickly what blend of Chinese herbs I should take (in powdered form) to boost my immune system & energy & outlook and thus, she said, to help me get rid of this sinus infection. Well, I have no idea if it'll work, but I figured that since I'd been striking out with regular doctors -- who only want to operate and for me to go on Antibiotics that I'm allergic to (which I may ultimately be forced to do) -- I figured that it's worth a try. So in addition to my colloidal silver & supplements regimen, I've now also added Chinese herbs. Maybe it's something you'd also want to consider doing

By the way, I've heard too that acupuncture can do wonders for sinus problems, including sinus infection, so I'll probably undergo acupuncture soon (from this same person) too. So maybe there's another idea for you as well.

GOOD LUCK -- I hope it all works out.

- SJS
07/29/2004.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=136614