CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Explain open and closed methods of colon hydrotherapy? by valerie_cct ..... Enema & Colonics Support Forum

Date:   1/28/2009 10:02:58 PM ( 15 y ago)
Hits:   44,375
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1345256

Hi legalfee, and thank you for posting your experiences with both types of colon hydrotherapy systems. In my practice I use a closed system which I personally believe offers a more comfortable and thorough cleanse than the Libbe or other open systems.

Readers who would like to view images of several different systems can view some on the Curezone enema photo gallery at //www.curezone.org/ig/f.asp?f=423

The Hydrosan unit pictured is a closed system and the waste flow exits through the lighted observation tube, allowing the therapist to inspect and observe parasites, undigested food etc. Various speculums are also pictured to give you a sense of what is introduced into your rectum for a closed system colonic. Dotolo also makes a top of the line high quality closed colonic system.

Speculums today are primarily plastic disposables with an adult diameter of 0.60 to 0.65 inches, although I also have an adult 0.75 inch stainless steel speculum, and a 0.50 inch child speculum which I sterilize in an autoclave unit.

I will admit that speculum insertion is sometimes the most traumatic part of the experience, especially for the first-timer, but any minor discomfort only lasts for a few seconds at the most. Both the speculum and client's anus are thoroughly lubricated prior to insertion.

The primary advantage of the larger speculum as compared to the pencil-thin enema type tube used by most open systems is during elimination. With the closed system the waste matter flows out through the speculum, through the lighted observation tube, and then directly to the piping of the plumbing system.

With the open system the client eliminates around the rectal tube with the tube still in place. This can be especially ineffective with a constipated client with large hardened stools, but also inconvenient and messy in general.

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions up front when you are considering a therapist for a colonic. A good therapist will be eager to explain the procedures and equipment used and welcome your questions.

I hope this helped, and I encourage and believe that periodic colonics, using either closed or open systems are a valuable health maintenance procedure, as are old fashioned home cleansing enemas. You can't be in tip-top condition when you have a colon clogged with waste!

Best wishes for a healthy lifestyle,

Valerie

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1345256