CureZone   Log On   Join

Jim Humbles FAQ about MMS #2 - Normal MMS Protocol by SilverFox ..... MMS - Miracle Mineral Solution Debate

Date:   1/28/2009 8:31:56 AM ( 15 y ago)
Hits:   12,824
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1344576

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

While Jim Humble is "revising" his web sites in a "knee jerk" reaction to some actions of the FDA, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at his claims for Miracle-Mineral-Supplement .

It is my hope that he will finally include some "substance" to back up his claims, or that he will acknowledge that Miracle-Mineral-Supplement may help in some cases, but it is no "Miracle."

"2. What is the Normal Miracle-Mineral-Supplement Protocol."

I think by now everyone should realize that the MMS protocol is flawed, but let's take a look at in anyway.

Jim Humble recommends activating in a 1:5 ratio. That is 1 part MMS and 5 parts activator.

There have been hundreds of tests done to determine the best, and most efficient way to activate sodium chlorite solutions. The best research scientists and chemists have looked at this, along with medical professionals, and none of them confirm Jim Humbles belief that he is using proper activation in the MMS protocol.

I have run tests on this and found that proper activation results in a solution that is about 30% stronger (in disinfecting strength) when compared to a solution prepared according to the MMS protocol. Jim Humble goes on and on about working up to 15 drops. If he used proper activation methods, he could get by with about 10 drops. What I find interesting is that there are a lot of reports that people begin to experience adverse effects when they get to 8 - 10 drops.

The next problem with the flawed MMS protocol has to do with the strength of acid used. Jim Humble doesn't recognize that the stronger the acid, the more ClO2 is released. The higher the concentration of free chlorine dioxide in the solution, the more dilution is needed. The strength of 10% citric acid is different from the strength of lemon or lime juice or that of vinegar. When you use different strength acids, you get different results.

Sodium chlorite solutions are rated by the amount of chlorine dioxide they can produce. MMS is made from technical grade powder that is 80% pure. A 28%, by weight, solution contains 22.4% sodium chlorite. 22.4% of 1 million gives us 224000 parts per million available chlorine dioxide. Since the conversion is only about 60% effective, this is reduced to 134400 PPM.

When you activate a sodium chlorite solution, you are dropping the PH of the solution. The further you drop the PH, the more of the available ClO2 is released as free ClO2. If you use water to drop the PH, only trace amounts of ClO2 are released. If you use lemon juice, more ClO2 is released because lemon juice is an acid where water is close to neutral. If you use 10% citric acid , more ClO2 is released than what was released with lemon juice because 10% citric acid is a stronger acid. If you want to release all of the available ClO2, you use hydrochloric acid.

Not only does the strength of the acid matter, but also the amount of acid used for activation matters. When using 10% citric acid as an activator, the ratio is 1:1. When using weaker acids as an activator, the ratio remains 1:1, but when using 50% citric acid the ratio changes to 5:1. That is 5 parts of the sodium chlorite solution to 1 part 50% citric acid.

Jim Humble, by suggesting that there is no difference between differing strengths of acid, and by not following optimum activation ratios seems to be making a statement that he doesn't really understand this chemistry.

Jim Humble often mentions this...

"Note: If you notice diarrhea, or even vomiting that is not a bad sign."

He goes on to say that this is caused by pathogen die off and your body trying to process all of this dead stuff inside you.

This brings us to the question "Is it possible to have a die off reaction when taking MMS?"

The answer is YES, but is conditional on the concentration and amount of MMS being taken. If you have a reaction and are taking a solution that has a concentration of 1 - 2 PPM free chlorine dioxide, then it is possible that your reaction is due to die off. On the other hand, if you are taking a dose that has around 100 PPM free ClO2, your reaction is from mild chlorine dioxide poisoning.

I believe it is possible to develop a resistance to non cumulative poisons by gradually increasing the dose until adverse effects are noted, then backing down a little and working your way back up again. Does this sound familiar?

The next step in the MMS protocol is to keep increasing the drops until you get to 15 drops, then to go to twice and three times a day. Jim Humble doesn't seem to realize that adults come in various sizes, and 15 drops may not be the best way to dose this. Wouldn't it be better to adjust the drops for the weight of the person? He does this for children...

That brings up another issue.

Is it our position as parents to give babies and children a chemical that can be toxic and has not been studied, or approved, for internal use?

I have no problem while camping giving children and babies water that has been purified using ClO2. However, after the purification, I run tests to make sure that the concentration of ClO2 is below 1 PPM. If it isn't, I add ascorbic acid to use up the residual ClO2 and make the water safe for consumption.

In all fairness to Jim Humble, if I were presented with a baby suffering from malaria and near death, I would most likely strongly consider using some solution containing low concentrations of chlorine dioxide.

Jim Humble claims that his doses have 1-2 PPM ClO2 in them. Every time I mix a solution and dilute it down to 1-2 PPM ClO2, I find that no juice is necessary to mask the taste. The solution is basically colorless, has a very slight odor, and very slight to no taste.

I have found that dogs will not hesitate to drink solutions with ClO2 concentrations of 1 - 2 PPM, but when the concentration is increased to 5 - 6 PPM ClO2, they shy away from it. The concentration in the normal 15 drop dose prepared according to the MMS protocol has been tested and found to be just under 100 PPM free chlorine dioxide.

Tom

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1344576