CureZone   Log On   Join

High Sugar Content concerns from Juicing? by mikekao ..... Juicing Forum

Date:   6/19/2006 2:55:32 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   11,312
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=133987

I suppose this would apply more for fruit juicing than veggie, but carrots & beets, which are some of my favorite veggies to juice also have a considerable amount of Sugar (about 30grams of Sugar for a cup of carrot juice). My concern is that perhaps juicing, while having some obvious advantages, does have some serious disadvantages which I feel are too often overlooked... the omittance of fiber, & the high calorie (and particularly Sugar calorie) content of juice. It may be argued that these disadvantages are outweighed by the great deal of nutrition you are getting, but perhaps it is more than necessary? I mean, I feel good, but I can't honestly say I've noticed a world's difference from when I wasn't juicing. I think most feel that way b/c many who start juicing are turning their entire diets & lifestyles around for the better as well, and my diet was already pretty good. Additionally, you're naturally going to feel good and high after drinking fresh juice partly from all the sugar your getting. You feel more energetic from drinking Gatorade as well right?

I was listening to the radio a few days ago, and tuned in to an interview with a health guru. He was saying that his biggest concern of our generation is our dangerously high sugar intake. While we can't compare the simple sugars in fruits/veggies to the refined ones in sodas, candies, etc, he was saying he doesn't even recommend fruit juices like orange juice, apple juice, etc. Even regarding fruit, he says that fruits should be eaten when you intend to expend those calories and utilize the energy, as in from excercise, but otherwise we shouldn't really indulge much. The problem is he says, when we consume so much sugar-calories and it stores in our bodies unutilized, regardless of refined or simple sugars from natural sources like fruit. Granted, I usually consume my fresh fruit juices right before I run, I usually have a big cup of 5-6 carrots, 1 beet, 1/2 lemon, handful of parsley, and small bunch of spinach afterwards, which is about 40-grams of sugar in a sitting! Perhaps juicing is a bit much and unecessary... I just don't think God meant for us to harvest fruits and veggies from the land to pulverize into juice ;). I mean since when was an apple a day + a salad not enough?

What are your thoughts?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=133987