CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Do you think we were all split up, because we made a great team? by #55213 ..... Ask Glaxony

Date:   11/23/2008 8:34:52 AM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   3,438
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1304538

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Nice post glax...

Still not convinced that the split was actually to the benefit of all. It may take time for the dust to settle before we see the true virtues, or not. Overall, as of now, there seems to be a loss of certain continuity and coopertivity. I understand the whole difference in fundamental views but it shouldn't have been impossible to coexist rather than cutting the ties of communications that existed. There seemed further to be other issues as well, such as ego and accountability. The question that remains in all of this is the not only the viability of each of these forums which is based of the merits of their creation, but more importantly, the survival of the entire collective of the entire forum that WAS parasite support. To be sure, the members have suffered a huge blow by the fracturing of this forum into 3 or 4 others. I know myself, that navigating the different forums and complete departures in philosophy is infinitely more time consuming and tedious but, in the end, is the cumulative knowledge superior? Don't kid yourself, if anything there seems to be falling away from the intital intended venue of discussion to a more or less "social network" or a click, where I'm boss and you follow my rules etc with a plethora of offtopic discussions and videos plagued with self promotion. This can be seen in other forums (parasite, iodine) as well and a familiar pattern appears to be emerging. Again, in the end, who truly benefits? Just some thoughts.

While I have always supported the voicing of your views as well as shroom etc, I tend to avoid personal skirmishes. I am indeed saddened by what has transpired and find myself coming less and less to these forums. This is not to say however, that I totally disagree with your reasons for splintering; clearly, something needed to be done. At any rate, best luck to you and thankyou for continuing to support rather than disappearing.

Oh and just FYI, ivermectin is not considered drug of choice for hookworm. While it is used for many types of round worms and filarial infections, as well as various ecto-parasites such as mites or scabies, hookworm is not included in the indications, as efficacy is, as of yet, debatable and so falls under "investigative" criteria. As well, ivermectin is completely ineffective for whipworm.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1304538