CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: still amazed ! by Dr. Lam ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   11/4/2008 11:59:45 AM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   6,237
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1292549

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Adrenal fatigue is an "orphan child" in medicine. Hopefully with more research and medical education, conventional doctors will know that it is real. I did not learn this illness in medical school, and had to learn it the hard way when I suffered from this over a decade ago. No conventional doctor can help me, so as a physician I started helping myself. As I recovered, and people know about it, I get a lot of calls from people wanting help. That is why I put up my public education website, to try to alert the millions who are afflicted with this and have nowhere to look for information.

I must alert you all that in my experience, only about 70% of sufferers do better with a battery of supplements in various combinations. About 30% don't improve significantly and some actually get worse with time, because they have more than just adrenal issues. Its common to have associated hypothyroidism, ovarian hormone dysfunction, severe allergic response, pH imbalances, and highly sensitive body compositions. This is where many become discouraged. But they need not feel that way, because I have found that an astute clinician will be able to detect these, and once the root causes are exposed , the whole puzzle of symptoms fall into one coherent picture. Solving the problem becomes spontaneous and easy. The problem lies when we don't take the time to do enough history taking, then jump to one supplement after a other. The decompensated body does not do well with trial and error. It does not have enough reserve to handle it. Soon the body becomes quite decompensated just from handling the supplements. I see this all the time, and I want to alert the group to be careful.

For example, few realize that fish oil gelcaps are made from bovine gelatin. Taking fish oil gelcaps can lead to worsening adrenal weakness because the gelatin can cause inflammatory response, and sometimes for those with sensitive bodies, the inflammation can be severe, and the patient is at a loss why. While fish oil is anti-inflammatory, the gelatin is not and thus the entire supplement may end up causing more harm than good. I know because I have experienced it. backfire. I . So its all these minute details that needs to be dealt with adrenal fatigue cases. A supplement in the wrong delivery system may backfire.

I applaud this group's effort to take control of their health. Its a treatment ailment.

I have also written an article on Adrenal Fatigue. Please visit my site to find out more information on this subject.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1292549