CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: ERCP caused death by stewilko62 ..... Liver Flush Support Forum

Date:   7/23/2005 9:54:29 AM ( 19 y ago)
Hits:   22,060
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=127957

So sorry to hear about your mother. The reason for replying is that your story sounds like what we went through April 2004. My mother went in for an ERCP to examine the gallstones. 24 hrs later when i went to collect her she was sat doubled over in a chair, vomiting green bile and in alot of pain. The Dr who peformed the ERCP said that he had to leave a gallstone in, it was to large to remove.

Later that day my mother went throgh five hours of surgery, to locate what they tought was a perforation. Four weeks of agony for my mother nad toture to us the family my mother past a way. The atopsy stated that she died of a blockage in the bile duct, causing mutliply organ failure.

Your version of events:

"The ERCP was performed at 5:00pm on May/20, by 8:15, she was violently vomitting bilous green fluid with pain and distended abdomen. By Tuesday am, she was in severe pain and further distension of abdomen. On Wednesday, they performed scheduled gallstone operation to find ischemiac bowel and pancreatitis. Condition further detoriated and laparotomy was again done during which subtotal colectomy was done in addl to removel of the terminal ileum. Further detoriation until 3 days after inital ERCP, death occurred."

Your story is very similar to ours. We as a family had to find out more about what had happend to my mother. We contacted a solicitor, who started their reserach into what happend. We are still more confused twelve months on, even after all the reports that we have read seems to contridicate the version of events on that awful day.

We put are hands in the coroner and the inquest and hopfully get some "truth"

Thanks for reading

steve

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=127957