CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Cervical spine adjustements: Manual vs. Activator? by knows ..... Ask Dr. Sutter

Date:   8/29/2008 3:52:59 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   11,810
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1247742

Good questions Insight. Hey, did I ever email you back? I'm pretty sure I did.

The synthetic ascorbic acid I don't agree with but Pauling used natural ascorbic acid. Apparently there is a way to isolate the ascorbic acid part of the vitamin C molecule. If that's the case I can't argue with Pauling and I don't argue with that as an assistence to helping the liver a bit.

Have we discussed Nattokinase? If you have plaque built up it the corotids I would strongly suggest Natokinase. As you clean the liver the build up will no longer be happening and that in itself will disolve the plaque but I would go with the natto food or the nattokinase for about three months. That'll get you out of the woods as far as stroke and heart attack goes. To permenently correct those possibilities the liver and colon must be addressed, which, of course, you are doing.

The chiropractic end of it gets a little technical. I've been fighting with fellow chiropractors for years trying to get them away from the quick rotation cervical move. To crack someones neck is far removed from a specific chiropractic adjustment.
To crack someones neck sounds impressive but doesn't do a damn bit of good. It's like cracking your finger joints.

A specific chiropractic cervical adjustment involves very little rotation of the cervical spine and the adjustment is given more P to A (posterior to anterior) than rotation. Plus there's always a lateral component to it. It's tricky and requires skill to do. But the rotation move is more impressive because of all the popping.

So if your Chiropractor is doing the quick cervical rotation moves DON'T go back. Sorry all you chiros out there.

Now, the activator is very specific and if used as a percussion device very effective. However, that's not the way it's taught as a technique. It's taught as a reflex technique and while there are some good practitioners of it I very rarely see it work when used like that.

I use it as a percussion devise and get excellent results with it.

So both are excellent if done correctly. Thus the reason why good Chiropractors are hard to find. The choice is up to the chiropractor or the preference of the patient.

As a general rule I use my hands until I get to the point where I fine tune everything - get it perfect. In the case of a recent injury I'll use the activator until the ligaments and musculature have stabilized to the point where I can get in there with my hands. In either case it takes skill and precision to do and I fear a lot of these new guys just don't get it.

Doc

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1247742