CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Stressed about seeing my sexual abuser, PLEASE HELP by sparque ..... Child Sexual Abuse Survivors Support

Date:   8/25/2008 8:12:55 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   3,190
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1244842

You just hang in there...I know they feel like empty words...but at times, that is all we can do. As for your brothers...well....you're stuck....boys is boys....and seeing and hearing them with their girlfriends...I just hope they show respect, not just around you, but all the time. But, if like most guys....they will do and or say stupid things. usually, it is just silly, mindless acts, not criminal, just boys who are young.
You are heading in the right direction, feel anger and getting upset by things, shows you are on the path to strength and health. Get with a therapist who can be with you along the way...both as your guide and protector. And, while it is normal to blame yourself for certain feelings, be angry with yourself for doing this, not doing that, thinking/feeling this or that, just remember you are a victim, someone went out of their way to hurt you. All the what if's won't change that. And taking a guy holiday is quite likely what you need to do. If possible, get a dog. Not only are they great for companionship, they will listen, not give you crappy advise, try to take advantage of you, and never, ever, will they tell a soul what you talk about. And it is that unconditional love they show that sometimes brings tears...
So get with a therapist that you can freely talk to, share the deep secrets, the things that embarrass, things you perceive as shameful or irrelevant. When you can start to open up and reveal the deep dark uglies, that is when you can really get your life back, enter the world where happiness and laughter are the norm and you are strong and healthy.
Feel free to keep in touch and know that others are on your side and thinking of you.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1244842