CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Household Remedies by MadamB-Fly ..... Home Remedies Forum

Date:   8/19/2008 1:51:58 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   4,192
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1240900

Bon Ami is relatively inexpensive and works as a mild abrasive when baking soda or salt doesn't work for cleaning tubs and sinks. It's been around forever.

Body Odor is usually caused by Candida, sluggish bowel/liver or clogged sweat/lymph glands. Lugol's solution (iodine/potassium iodide) starting with 1 drop daily in apple juice and working up to a half dropper-full will usually kill bacteria and Candida from the inside out. I've also put a few drops in a small cosmetic spray bottle and sprayed my underarms when I shower the night before and that helps to kill bacteria also. Do a quick rinse again in the morning -- just in case there is Iodine left on your skin so that it doesn't get into your clothes.

Try sweating... a lot, either by using a sauna, exercising, or wrapping up in blankets like a burrito until you get really hot. (Make sure you drink mineralized water to replace electrolytes.)

Dry Skin brushing also helps the skin to eliminate toxins.

Generally once your pores open back up you won't need deodorant at all. I use a mineral stick occasionally... but normally if I shower, I don't have any odor at all.

If you're adventurous you can also make your own soap (see the World Wide Web for a zillion recipes). Make small batches until you find a recipe you like. Depending on the lye you use you can make a liquid soap or solid soap. The liquid soap lasts forever! I made a gallon, dilute it with water and have been using it as an all purpose hand soap as well as a heavy duty cleaner for the kitchen for YEARS!!!

Vinegar (the cheap kind) can be used to cut grease and clean glass. For laundry, you can actually get away with washing most clothes in a 1/4 cup of vinegar in warm water since it will take all of the detergent stored in your laundry (from previous washings) out. After that, sparingly use an earth friendly brand and use borax as a booster.

Aquarium stores have Lugol’s as well as Potassium Iodide. Potassium Iodide for aquariums is inexpensive and can be used to spray toilets and kitchen surfaces to disinfect -- unless you are dealing with poop or meat products.

(I put an ounce of Potassium Iodide in the hot tub about once a week and I have had to add any thing else other than my ozonator and my mineral stick).

I know many people are against using chlorine bleach, but, in diluted amounts it is safe to use. You can also use Hydrogen Peroxide (club sized) in a spray bottle for disinfecting.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1240900