CureZone   Log On   Join

Mold in my grandparents home - may have lead to 2 deaths? by jspring ..... Toxic Black Mold Forum

Date:   8/4/2008 7:53:05 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   8,689
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1230920

I'm hoping someone out there can help me. Here's my story.

My grandparents built a beautiful custom home 21 years ago. It is near the water, in a nice neighborhood. It does back up to a woods, but it's not considered a "wooded lot." About 9 years ago, my grandfather developed several medical issues. One was prostate cancer, and then he was thought to have Parkinsons Disease, though he didn't shake or have many of the symptoms of the disease. Nonetheless here in Delaware, the cancer state of America, the doctors gave him that diagnosis and moved on. He deteriorated quickly, becoming less able to care for himself, and a very sweet man turned violent and miserable. Soon, my grandmother was unable to properly care for him, so they moved to be with their daughter in Las Vegas. He did not get worse there, but no better. Eventually they came home and he was put in a nursing home, where he remained consistent in the same condition until he passed away. Meanwhile, my grandmother's health deteriorated especially after being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in her back 4 years ago. QUickly, she went from being a healthy vibrant woman, to having memory issues, halucinations, neuropathy in her legs, and more. She's now in a nursing home. Wild thing is, since she's been there for two months, she's getting better!

Backing up a bit, my mom lived in the house for a year and a half at the age of 52 about 5 years ago. While living there, she started to complain of memory loss, fatigue, etc. This coming from a woman who was head HR Manager for an international company with over 1000 employees! Two years ago, she was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor and passed away.

10 years ago, I lived in that house for one and a half years when I was 18 years old. Now 28, I have been experiencing memory loss, trouble holding a conversation and keeping my thoughts together, and trouble remembering my next word or thought for about the past 4 years. I can't climb a ladder without getting dizzy, I bump into things constantly, and even have trouble driving.

Back to the house. Off and on my grandparents were away for a month or two at a time. THere was a roof leak. I went in the attic and found a big mold area on the underneath of the roof. WE had a roofing company replace that plywood. In the master bedroom and closet, there was mold on the ceiling. There was also mold on the furniture in several rooms. Allegedly, someone came in and killed the mold on the ceiling and repainted.

I looked through the house just recently, and you can see mold on the window frames, etc. The carpets haven't been cleaned in a while. The home has had a funny smell for a long time. I have an air purifier in the bedroom which has helped.

I think something is wrong with that house, and I don't want my grandmother coming back home to it and getting worse. I've lost everyone that is close to me, and we all have the common thread of that house! I have no idea where to start, but I can't help but feel it's all connected. I've lost my mother and grandfather, and possibly soon my grandmother.

Thank you in advance to anyone who sees this and can offer some help to me!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1230920