CureZone   Log On   Join

Reversing bulkiness by yRiver ..... Exercise and Fitness Support Forum

Date:   7/22/2008 2:55:48 AM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   2,666
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1220604

Hi all
Fitness has always been a goal for me but I made the mistake of following what has wrongly become the standard for anyone looking for fitness nowadays: gym bodybuilding.

Typical bodybuilding exercises like barbell bench press or curls are considered like the standard for anyone wanting to get fit, tone and get healthy. This is very wrong since those typical motions are can't even be considered the standard of weightliting which is a completely different activity.

After discovering my mistake I have researched and learned how such type of training build muscles in a completely different way (sarcaplasmic growth) compared to other stimulus.

I was lean and active at age 15.
I was also tall and well proportioned.
I remember I was satisfied with my body.
I liked my long muscles, good tone and flexibility.

My family moved, we went to live in a remote area and I had an hard time finding friends and sport/fitness buddies which is how I stayed in shape in the first place.
So I became sedentary, start spending more time at the computer, ate more and exercise less and became a fat skinny disproportioned guy.

I was looking at my old pic envying the body and health I had.
So I started looking for way to get back in shape and get back the body I used to have. But the very moment you write the word "fitness" on internet you end up with bodybuilding forums and sites.

So I believed it and started lifting a lot doing the typical bodybuilding series with the abs training at the end. To make a long story short I'm not anymore unfit but I'm not satisfied with my body. Instead of getting back my long toned and flexible muscles I developed short bulky almost dysfunctional muscles. I got a neck which is too bulky for the rest of the body and shoulders that are too massive and broad compared to the legs and abdomen. The legs are still too little and I have noticed that the majority of natural gym goears bb have an hard time to develop legs that keep the pace with the upper body. I like some chest definition (not completely shapeless and flat) but I don't like the swollen chest I have developed. Trcipes are too bulky compared to my very thin wrist and small hands.

I have also developed pain and problem because of this body development.
I have developed sway back and ankle-heel pain due to the lower body not supporting properly the weight of the upper body. I got more irritable and aggressive and lose all my lightness and flexibility.

I wanted to be slender which is not what I like but also the only kind of body development that might match my very light and long bone structure and I ended up bulky and large. I have stopped exercising not to worsen the problem and the result is that I've got fatter. So bulkiness plus fat plus light long bone frame is a very hideous combination and aestethically unpleasant.

So I don't care what people on bb forum would think of this but I want to lose muscles. I want to lose both fat and muscles and go back to a basic skinniness and start building some muscular tone from there this time using different methods.

I have heard that cardio exercise decrease muscle mass and indeed cardio is one of the things I've neglected the most.

I need your help to build a plan based on more cardio to lose fat and muscle and then
a muscle toning plan based on more natural fitness methods, relaxing techniques (bb made me so nervous, anxious and aggressive), flexiblity and balance, light motions and also lighter nourishing diet (I'm so sick of the extra calories, all the proteins, eating every 2-3 hours, feeling always full and bloated, eating a lot of food)

What do you think?
Can you help me?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1220604