CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Another issue about SLS..:/.. by punkd ..... Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Forum

Date:   5/22/2008 7:34:19 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,757
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1178117

I am glad I found this message board. My family and I have extremely sensative skin and I was hunting for pine tar soap for the psoriasis, but I wanted a natural soap. I came across a handful of soap makers that make "cold process" soap, a natural way to make soap without chemical additives and preservatives like SLS and Paraben that are known to irritate skin, particularly if you have sensative skin like we do. One person I found claimed to have no lye in his soap. I asked how and he said he used a NATURAL SLS alternative made from palm oil. When I asked what it was so I could look it up and make sure it wasn't going to bother my families tender skin, he got huffy and refused to tell me like it was a trade secret. FDA requires on soap that all of the ingredients be listed for the exception of fragrance because fragrance is a trade secret not, preservatives , surfactants and such. Seems he was hiding the information because he is praying on people who are looking for a natural alternative for soap and whatnot but do not truly know what the definition of "natural" is, which is exactly what manufactures are doing throwing the phrase "natural" around so much. SLS can be considered "natural" or not... because it is derived from coconuts. If it's proven to be a skin irritant, it doesn't seem right to me.

Truly natural soaps that do not contain SLS, Paraben, Phthalates and such are not that easy to find just anywhere. Where I am from, we couldn't find handmade cold processed soap to save our lives, so we started making our own. It's a cumbersome task, but well worth it. Eventually we opened our own store, and we have so much repeat business because there are so many folks out there like us that are tired of using so called soaps that aren't actually soap at all, they are detergents with skin irritating foaming agents, and the alot of manufactures lie to us to speak. What they create is a cheaper bar of soap, we save money but our skin really suffers from it. And alot of those ingredients like SLS and SLES, Parabem and Phthalates are highly absorbant into the skin and cause all sorts of problems.

I invite you to look at my website.
http://www.soaps-n-suds.com
. We are continually adding new natural soaps and stuff for people who like me and my family have sensitive skin, rashes and need a truly natural way to keep clean, because the additives in soap is eating us alive! Just ask me anything.... This SLS topic along with Phthalates and such has been a very tender subject with me for a while now, particularly the way makers and manufactures throw around the phrase natural the way they do.... and it's not natural. You can always tell if you get irritated from it.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1178117