CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: a story on my Detox situation... by redlepton ..... Warrior Diet Forum

Date:   7/2/2006 5:07:39 PM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   3,449
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=117466

Yes, I guess I should be glad that I am detoxing slowly. I used to eat really SADly; I also used to take a lot of weight gainers and tons of whole milk. The most I ever weighed was 108 (I am 5'3''), but I was strong and could bench my own weight and people were surprised that I could lift as much weight as I could at the gym because I was so small. I haven't been able to go to the gym very much for almost 6 years now because I have children and my husband is rarely home so I have to watch them all the time by myself. I am intending to start again in September, though, and want to get back to 108 pounds, as I only weigh 96 now.

You are smart to do all this detoxing now while you are young and single (at least it sounds like you are young and single from your posts). Once you are married and have a family it is much more difficult to change your ways.

When my children were younger, we ate a lot of cheese and grains and milk and some junk food in-between and I thought we were eating healthy! Then I found curezone. In the last five years, we have transitioned to eating mostly fruits and veggies and rice and beans with some meat and hardly ever junk food, except when we are out of the house.

You can imagine the whining of my children when we are in the grocery store and everyone thinks I am such a mean mother because I won't let them buy any crappy junk, while everyone else leaves with carts full of it and my children are begging the whole time. Also, my husband is rarely home, as he is in the military. So his diet is still SAD because that's what they give him and sometimes he comes home and I have a dinner of rice and veggies out for the kids and he plops his McDonalds food and happy meals out on the table - you can imagine which meal the kids choose. And even I munch on the fries - because they are addictive. I have also fought many battles about keeping junk food in the house, and my husband still resents it and has a little cabinet where he keeps his snacks so the kids can't find them, otherwise he will have "nothing to eat". My lifestyle, and in fact the lifestyle of most americans, is not condusive to healthy eating; there is so much "peer pressure".

I envy those people who are transitioning to a healthy way of life while they are still in control of the food they keep in the house and the places they go and people they choose to associate with. These things are mostly beyond my control, so the addictions are difficult for me to overcome.

Tina.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=117466