CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: bentonite=healing earth? by unyquity ..... Ask Dr. Sutter

Date:   4/2/2008 3:13:07 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   12,017
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1146205

I followed your product link (but had to register and wait 24-48 hours before they will let me see the product information).

I am somewhat familiar with Loess soil (this a very fine particled volcanic 'soil mixture' that is VERY susceptible to wind)
http://tinyurl.com/2nhdmz

There are not many Loess 'deposits' in the world, and since we have this rarity in the midwestern state where I live, I've had the opportunity to gain a bit of knowledge about it.

Although it may be similar to bentonite in it's healing qualities, I can find no evidence that it IS bentonite. But I'm searching...I'm searching.

Okay, I just found (a .pdf from BioMed that I couldn't find/open at BioMed)...after the information in >>>> <<<< I will make my observational comments.

http://www.biomedicine.com/documents/MLuvos.pdf

>>>>>>>>Called "healing earth" in Germany, Loess (LUVOS) is a 100% pure natural
mineral earth product (without additives) that is mined from mineral rich ice
age deposits from an unpolluted area in Germany. Once mined, the only
processing Loess undergoes is dehydration, purification, and grinding into
powder. Historic records indicate that the medicinal properties of Loess have
been known for centuries. More recently, LUVOS has been used in Germany
for health and therapeutic purposes for over eighty years.
In Germany, where its use is most widely known, LUVOS is used internally as
a gastrointestinal therapeutic product by acting as a cleansing sponge in
absorbing impurities from the gastro-intestinal (GI) system. What makes
LUVOS so effective in this form of treatment is the product's super absorba-
bility, owing to its large surface area. Its ultra-fine powder, smaller than one
thousandth of a millimeter, enables it to better absorb particles from the GI
tract, such as gastric acid, gases, bacteria and toxic materials. At the same
time, LUVOS provides the body with a valuable source of trace minerals.
LUVOS has been shown to have remedial effects on intestinal lesions.
Internal Uses
- Addresses gastric/duodenal ulcers, colitis, heartburn, dysbiosis, candida
and parasite infections
- Acts as a preventive remedy for gastrointestinal complaints
- Absorbs excess gastric acid, bile acids, gases
- Absorbs bacteria and toxic materials in the intestine
- Absorbs excess fats and fatty acids
- Normalizes microbial flora in the intestine
- Prevents constipation
INDICATIONS:
Internal
• gastric / duodenal ulcers, colitis,
heartburn, dysbiosis, leaky gut
syndrome
• gas, bloating
• candida and parasite infections
• constipation
External
• skin diseases, acne
• bee stings, insect bites, burns,
sunburns, blisters
• wounds, edema, herpes
• arthritic and rheumatic complaints
• sports injuries
Ingredients
Each teaspoon (5 g) contains:
Luvos™ healing earth . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5 g
™ Registered trademark of Heilerde-Gesellschaft Luvos Just GmbH & Co. KG
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE:
Internal (Oral): Take half to one teaspoon in a glass of water two times a day (morning
and evening) up to three teaspoons daily or as directed by a practitioner.
External (Topical): Mix Luvos™ in water to make a paste. Apply the paste onto affected
area. Let the paster dry then rinse with warm water.
Caution / Warnings: Do not use the product internally within one hour of medication or
other supplements.
continued on back page
Page 2
This information is for professional use only. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Luvos

LUVOS can also be used externally. As a moist application, LUVOS is mixed with water, vinegar water, chamomile tea
and/or oats straw to make into a paste of creamy consistency. The paste is then applied to the affected area, such as insect
bites, acne, ulcers, etc. Alternatively, the paste can be applied onto the affected area using an air-permeable cloth band-
ages.
Prior to external application, the skin area should be warmed, such as through a hot bath or hot compresses. The LUVOS
paste is then applied up to 12 mm thick for small area(s) and if wraps and packs are used up to 3 mm thick for larger areas.
Treatment duration should be for 30 to 120 minutes or until the paste is evenly dry and crumbly before it is removed. In the
case of large applications, areas which are slower to dry indicate zones of poorer circulation. At the time of subsequent
applications, the paste should be applied thinner in these location to allow drying (and circulation) to normalize.
Cold Application can be used for acute and painful conditions. It may also be used for the treatment of skin complaints
such as burns, skin inflammations, lymphatic vessel inflammation and degenerative joint symptoms. Through the cooling
action and the self-pressured paste on the treated area, blood vessels are narrowed; muscle tension is reduced; inflamma-
tion is absorbed and pain is therefore reduced. Frequently external use of LUVOS is accompanied by a pleasant heat feel-
ing and the treated area will often become red - both of which are indications of increased blood circulation to speed heal-
ing.
Warm Application is recommended during periods when cold, flu, abdominal pain, nerve-related inflammation and muscle
spanning are experienced.
LUVOS applied as a dry powder on open wounds or blisters (herpes) can lead to rapid pain reduction. It can be applied as
often as warranted.
LUVOS can be very beneficial in addressing acne and in skin cleaning. For this application, apply a high-viscosity paste of
LUVOS on the skin and let it dry. The paste will absorb the acne substances and causes impurities to be thoroughly removed
from the skin. Treatment allows the skin to re-establish equilibrium as its absorption capacity and capillary action both
become more effective. Following a LUVOS treatment the skin will likely feel dry. This dryness can be addressed by apply
a slight amount of good vegetable oil (e.g. olive oil) or using a good natural moisturizing cream.
External Uses
-
Skin diseases, acne, bee stings, insect bites, wounds, edema, burns, sunburns
-
Acne, blisters, cold sores, herpes
-
Arthritic and rheumatic complaints
-
Sports injuries<<<<<<<<<<<<<

First, all "reputable sources" are ALWAYS to be questioned! There's all kinds of versions of "reputable"...it's our knowledge and what we want to put into our bodies that determines what reputable is. There are zillions of highly esteemed sellers out there that sell all kinds of 'synthetic' vitamins, calcium supplements in the form of ground up rocks, and 'safe' tinctures (that are so weak and 'standardized' as to be totally ineffective), not to mention the largest majority of these offer products made/with from 'isolated/standardized EXTRACTS' of only the chemical constituents of the plant that 'science' deems are the chemicals that work On the other hand, *I* strongly believe that it's not safe (nor 'reputable') to isolate certain chemicals from a plant, as ALL the chemicals that Nature put in the plant are necessary (vital even) for it working properly in the body.

(Example: white sugar is a 'chemical extract', all vital parts of the plant are removed to provide only the sweetness. Now one can ingest 10-20 times more daily than what the body would naturally tolerate. Diabetes was never even an illness until they started refining and extracting the plant. One can't possibly eat enough raw sugar to cause the body to react with diabetes. Does it sweeten? yes. Is it safe? no. Is it unnatural? Absolutely). Even though that's a simple example, I hope it makes my point understandable. Many times when we 'standardize' or 'extract' certainly chemicals, we destroy or lessen it's healing power AND the way our 'natural body' would have 'naturally utilized' the plant.

That all being said (whew, time is seriously short here, so I'm going to have to make this quick/short) - here's what I can immediately discern from the small amount of data I have at hand:

--BioMed says Loess soil aBsorbs, not aDsorbs. Bentonite aDsorbs, and this is a VITALLY significant different. Absorption is what a sponge does; aDsorption is the electro/magnetic pulling of a substance to itself. If Loess aBsorbs, it is definitely NOT the same as Bentonite. And this company sure looks legitimate enough to know the difference...and if they don't know the difference, then they're not at all reputable to this ole gal.

--They claim it provides the body with trace minerals. Bentonite clay cannot be absorbed through the lining of the intestine (and you wouldn't want it to be, because after it adsorbs poisons & toxins you want it OUT of your body). If Loess provides the body with trace minerals, that logically means it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. That's not the same as Bentonite, and I NEVER recommend getting minerals from rocks and/or dirt.

--They sell it in capsules (as well as powder). ARGH. Clay/dirt should ALWAYS be mixed with water BEFORE ingesting it. The capsules could break down anywhere in the intestinal tract (I've had partially digested capsules come out in my fecal matter!). Firstly, that's not getting much of benefit, but more importantly, it can cause clumping, lumping and possibly some type of an impaction. Why it may be 'scientifically reputatable', our bodies are not test-tubes or laboratory equipment.

--I can't find their prices (because I've haven't gotten my registration back), but one does not need to pay more than $10-$15 per kilo for the best/highest qualities of Bentonite Clay. Here's what we use (to get an idea of quality/attributes/type and prices):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310037030575

Although this particular seller does not ship to Germany, if you find a product you want (and would to have it sent to me, and then I'd send it to you) you can contact me via email and we can discuss that.

So (quickly) based on the information I've been able to obtain, I would not buy this product from BioMed, nor would I use Loess soil internally.

'Hope that gives you some more information to add to your knowledge-bank to make a decision that's right for you!

Blankets of blessings -

Unyquity

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1146205