CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Usernames, Avatars & Concerns About Things To Come by UserX ..... Webmaster Debate & Suggestions

Date:   3/5/2008 3:28:11 AM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   7,523
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1126159

2 of 2 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hopinso - Once again, I appreciate your sentiments. I do, however, want to make something very clear. And keep in mind that this is not only directed to you, but also to anyone who may be reading my posts. As I have already stated, I was quite open about the differnt usernames that I used and they were not used to deceive. I was the very same person when posting with each one of them, and there is no fragmentation of my personality. I am all of those aspects and then some! I left CureZone as PTree because I was making some major changes in my life, and also wanting to distance myself from some of the nonsense that goes on here at times. I had also decided to have my own forum, and was waiting for Dusan to create it, and started posting with a different username in the interrum. I was in the process of setting up an online counseling service just prior to the recent events in my life. And I, as a licensed clinical psychologist, have to be careful in making suggestions or giving advice as it could be interpreted as my providing psychological services and causing me to have a professional responsibility for people that I simply was not willing to except with anyone on CureZone who wasn't my client. I also didn't have the time or the energy to continue functioning as a moderator. So I decided to stop posting as PTree, and took on different usernames with the intention that I could use them for different purposes. As they say, $hit happens! And my plans changed as a result of everything that has transpired. The forum that I now have is different than the one I was going to have, and my whole life has turned upside down!

With regard to Sara's Sister, it was quite obvious to me that the problems people had with that username were directly related to the avatar that I selected. And I was amazed that some people, perhaps not having yet caught on that it was me, posted some of the comments that they did! For crying out loud, it was just a photograph of an actress in a character role! How crazy is it to assign the attributes of an avatar to the person that uses it? Am I to believe that you really walk around with a bag over your head? Of course not!

And quite frankly,I found it most alarming that people were so up in arms about a photograph and a symbol that they were discounting some of my posts. The U.S. is in a great deal of trouble! People ARE losing their liberties left and right! And this is NOT some lunatics Conspiracy theory ramblings! THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!! With no cause or provocation, I was forced from my home by the police and emergency workers, I was involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric facility, and my Constitutional rights to practice the religion of my choosing and to have the health care of my choosing were violated! I have lost nearly everything that I have ever worked for; I have no home, am completely broke, am unemployed, and am surviving day to day!

And yet, when I have posted about the violation of my Constitutional rights, there are only a small handful of posters who respond and express their concern! I just shake my head sometimes when I read some of the posts on this site because I see how insane it is for people to worry about some of the petty things that they do. And while this may sound insensitive or arrogant to some people, I can tell you without a doubt that what happened to me can happen to absolutely anyone! And I simply don't have the patience any longer for people who hide their head in the sand or who aren't alarmed that this sort of thing can happen in the U.S., of all places! If people were so damned upset about Sara's Sister's avatar, they should be really outraged with what I have just endured! That avatar was from a fictional movie. What I just went through was like the tactics of Nazi Germany, and it is my very real life!

One thing that I know for sure, if people don't wake up, start speaking out, and start taking action to protect themselves and their rights we are very rapidly headed for horrors the likes of which the world has never seen! If people thought that the Nazi's were evil monsters and that the holocaust was hell on earth, they haven't seen anything yet! And for anyone who thinks that I am exagerating, just do some research on recent weapons developments! Here's a start... Google Active Denial! And then consider the name that was picked! And while you're at it, read up on tasers and understand that there are now weapons that essentially take over your body so that you lose all control! And these have already been reported in the mass media, so you can only imagine what is going on that is classified!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1126159