CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: My EFT routine for overeating - works great! by Larryb ..... Bigorexia & Compulsive Overeating

Date:   2/18/2008 10:03:28 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   9,025
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1114542

Hi Beth,

I think when there's a trauma or emotional event that's happened once in your past, it CAN easily be dimished and that bit of baggage kicked off the truck for good so to speak.

But for something that you deal with on a daily basis (like food choices, conflicts with certain people, etc) new issues continue to arise resulting in new limiting beliefs or emotional traumas depending on how well you deal with them.

For example, I've had a lifelong conflict with my Mother whom I love very much (making the situation all the more painful). EFT has taken the emotional bite out of some of these issues to the extent that I can now look the past and present squarely in the eye instead of trying to block everything out. And this has made the issue MUCH easier to live with.

Primarily because I see the issues objectively and don't just instinctively blame myself for things that are clearly of her making. And I can see clearly things that were in fact my fault that's resulted in much of her behaviour. And that's alot easier to live with than just believing your parent's never cared for you.

Still, every time we communicate, new issues/traumas are created, and I have to tap again to take the sting out of them and keep things in perspective.

Same with food issues. You're confronted with choices/decisions every day, and how well you deal them also varies each day. Whenever you blow it for that extra slice of black forrest cake a new issue/negative belief in yourself is created. And you'll fall back into old habits and disabling beliefs if you don't keep tapping.

Personally I think Gary Craig's emphasis on clearing up issues forever with a single application of EFT can be very misleading and ultimately discouraging for newbies. Yes, it can be true for events that happened in the past that you're no longer exposed to, but I think he should better emphasize that issues involving ongoing exposure/choices/ and interactions are simply NOT solved by a single EFT session.

Fortunately the procedure takes so little time, that even if you had to tap on one issue on a daily basis (which you never do over an extended period), the gain-to-effort ratio would still be off the charts!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1114542