CureZone   Log On   Join

My EFT routine for overeating - works great! by Larryb ..... Bigorexia & Compulsive Overeating

Date:   2/18/2008 4:08:42 PM ( 16 y ago)
Hits:   10,481
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1114292

I've had some very buried and painful emotional issues that I often find myself binge eating for. I even notice myself thinking about these issues while I'm binge eating, and notice the eating seems to cap the pain and rage.

Now that I don't smoke, drink, take drugs, have lots of sex etc, food seems like one of the few sensual outlets left. Given the breakup of our institutions, families, and generally our social fabric I think emotional eating is one way we all cope. And that's why we're getting heavier as a population.

EFT is the best real solution because it lowers the intesity of your emotional issues just like binge eating does - without the calories. But you have to stay with it - if I don't eft for my weight a few times a week at least, I get back into bad habits. But it only takes about 5 minutes a day.

Here's my particular EFT routine:

The setup: Even though I have problems keeping weight off, I know I'll be successful. OR Even though I don't always have good eating habits, I know I have what it takes to lose the weight.

As I'm tapping I use these sentances on the difference meridians (and repeat them more often depending on how emotionally resonating they are that day).

Emotional eating (I repeat this one alot lol)
Craving sugar
Eating more than I need to feel full
Eating for comfort
Fear of hunger
Fear of not eating enough
Overeating
Eating foods just for taste
Eating foods that aren't nutritous
Eating when I'm not hungry
Feeling I have no outlet but eating
Eating instead of exercizing to feel better

Those are my issues, and like I say, it's the only thing that's really worked for me. But if I don't do fairly regularly I can fall back into bad habits. Fortunately, again, it only takes about 5 minutes a day. And if you learn EFT for this purpose, there's no end to other uses you'll find to change your life. (I have no affiliations of any kind with any EFT products or organizations - just so you know).

You can download the EFT manual for free at emofree.com

The other thing I do is to cheat and use Hoodia. If I feel a binge eating episode coming on especially at night, I'll take a Hoodia tablet to kill the intensity along with some additional EFT tapping. If I'm tapping regularly in the mornings I'll seldom resort to using the Hoodia.

The root cause of overeating is emotional, and I don't know of anything that can help with those issues the way EFT can - at least not for me. Years of psychotherapy? Please.

I'd love it if anyone gave this routine a try themselves and reported back with their results.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1114292