CureZone   Log On   Join

No more problems with Crohn's over a year post-op. No drugs, just good food. by #164490 ..... Diet & Nutrition Support Forum

Date:   7/20/2002 4:21:38 AM ( 22 y ago)
Hits:   1,088
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=11062

I had an intestinal resection and anastamosis last February due to an absess the size of a softball (from a microperferation, possibly caused by popcorn)I was taking near 40 pills a day- pentasa, prednisone (yuk), cipro, hycosamine, aciphex, and pain medication. About 3 or 4 months after surgery when I was begining to feel like myself again (but could only eat mashed potatoes and buttered noodles) I decided I hated to take pills.

I weaned myself off of them and cut the following completely out of my diet: alcohol, caffeine, fried foods, bleached flour, refined sugar, dairy products, meat, eggs, animal products, preservatives . I eat brown and wild rices, whole grain breads, pastas, and cooked grains, all types of fruits and veggies, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds (very sparingly, but I CAN eat them without passing blood in my stool now that I've changed the rest of my diet), cakes and cookies (made with muscovado or demerera sugar, egg substitute and soy milk), lots of olive oil and garlic, very little tomato or citrus, that;s all I can think of. Also I get 8 hours of sleep a night, I eat 4 or 5 times a day, smoke a bowl of medical-grade marajuana after dinner and before bedtime, and I do about 2 hours a day of vigorous physical activity (martial arts, weightlifting, dancing). This combination is what keeps me going.

Reduce stress in your life. Flush your toxins *gently*, then eat only the highest quality foods you can buy! DOn't complain about the price of organic foods and produce, you should be ecstatically happy that you found a way to stay healthy! I am more than happy to spend the amount of money I do on food because I am not running to the bathroom 10+ times a day, I'm not passing out during excercise due to blood loss anymore, I feel better than I've ever felt. I sincerely believe my method will work for anyone with Crohn's, you just have to teach yourself how to let go of stress and believe that you can be well!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.00 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=11062