CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Himalayan salt scam? by HealthyBugger ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   1/31/2008 3:31:28 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   53,420
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1099473

There's a lot of misinformation/disinformation about this.

Recently, the inaccurate reporting done by PFPC (Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Childre) -- the name really tugs at your heartstrings, doesn't it? -- has gained attention here in the U.S. since Jeff Rense recently linked to this post from his Web site.

Why he'd link to such a poorly referenced and poorly written article is beyond me. Many of the links to references are broken, some take you to German language sites when the article is written in English, and several take you to one single known "Himalaya Salt" knock-off site that IS clearly NOT a legitimate site. Yet, they don't tell you this. The article is clearly a "hit piece" that aims to defame Original Himalayan Crystal Salt.

This article at
http://bruha.com/pfpc/html/himalaya.html
has a lot of misinformation that is very misleading, and I feel it has likely opened them up to a lawsuit for libel, if the founders of American BlueGreen, LLC ever wanted to go that route. I doubt they ever would, though, as they are very kind people not looking to make trouble for anyone, even if those people make trouble for them. Speaking with Ed, I often feel like I'm talking to a living saint. He's one of the most authentically loving beings I've ever met.

Getting back to PFPC, these folks have their facts all mixed up. They bunch all "Himalaya Salt" together, even though there is only ONE original and the others are all knock-offs.

By inference, they suggest that Original Himalayan Crystal Salt has 192 mg of fluoride (however they don't say 192 mg in *what* quantity). Actually, it has < 0.1g/kg and as you'll read below, it is calcium fluoride -- not the highly toxic sodium fluoride that is sometimes added to salt and that is used as rat poison. See below for more info on this.

You mentioned your salt appeared to be "rock salt" with "pink specks." As it occurs naturally, the amount of "pink" in it will vary -- sometimes more, sometimes less. As long as it's coming from American BlueGreen, LLC, it is authentic.

Regarding it being "rock salt"... well, yes... it actually IS rock salt! That's what it's supposed to be... unless you get the fine or course grind.

What is called "Himalaya Salt" are often "Original Himalayan Crystal Salt" knock-offs riding on its popularity and research. At least several appear to be quite high in fluoride and possibly other undesirable elements.

Original HCS has been shown in a recent double-blind study to have real health benefits.

No other Sea Salt has ever been so rigorously examined in such a study. That date from that study is being compiled now and will soon be released.

As I mentioned, it has < 0.1 g/kg of calcium fluoride. Calcium is a buffer for fluoride. Calcium is actually used as the antidote for fluoride poisoning.

Sodium fluoride from the fertilizer and aluminum industry wastes is highly toxic. It is used as rat poison.

Calcium fluoride is considered relatively harmless to humans due to extremely low solubility and cannot even be used as a rat poison. Seek Wikipedia.

The calcium level in Original HCS also acts as a further "buffer" or "antidote" to any mild or limited effects of the far less toxic calcium fluoride, which there likely wouldn't be anyway given it is such a tiny amount. Original HCS has 4.05 g/kg of ional calcium.

Where does this salt come from originally? From ancient sea beds.

Nature in her wisdom endowed the salts of the sea with certain minerals. And, for eons, life in the sea has thrived upon these minerals. Who are we to question nature?

We are mostly water... salt water... "sea" water.

Some believe we, as in all life on earth, evolved from the seas.

When we shed tears, they are salty. They are not merely "minerally" or "watery."

We are "salt water" creatures.

I would recommend Original HCS to anyone.

I would not recommend any other salt, although Celtic is probably the next one in line.

Dr. Batmanghelidj, author of "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" and "You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty" recommended Sea Salt and water (also known as sole -- pronounced: so-lay). His foundation recommends Original Himalayan Crystal Salt.

For more information, one can visit

http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com

or

http://www.americanbluegreen.com

It is NOT from the Himalayas. That is the name they use for marketing, as one might sell "Vermont Springs Natural Water" from a quality spring in Maine. It's just a brand name. It is from Pakistan, I believe. My feeling, is -- who gives a crap where it's from so long as it's good, pure and healthy?

{{{UPDATE}}} It actually IS from the Himalayas. I was mistaken. The Himalayas span six nations including Pakistan, where the salt is mined. I did not realize this at first. I thought it was just a brand name, but it actually does come from the Himalayas.

If you get a chance, talk with Ed Leach. He's one of my favorite human beings. He heads up American BlueGreen, LLC. He's got a heart of gold. He's also very educated when it comes to salt.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.11 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1099473