CureZone   Log On   Join

To justify a person's defensive conscience is enabling their future evil deeds. by been there done that ..... Forgiveness Support Forum

Date:   2/22/2006 6:58:34 AM ( 18 y ago)
Hits:   1,889
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=106694

1 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

All of my life, not just as a human being respectful of my fellow human beings, but also as a Christian, I have noticed that forgiveness is often requested where there is a complete lack of compassion for those who suffer the consequences of evil, and is the priority of an unrepentant heart. Of course, that is not always the case (which is the reason I said "often"). Forgiveness is a voluntary acceptance of the genuine apology (which is shown by genuine REMORSE) but also necessarily involves the TRUE intent of restraint from future repitition. Included with that REMORSE is an acceptance of responsibility and willingness to rectify any still-existing consequences. Whenever goodness is prevented or constrained in any way, evil occurs, whether anyone is prepared to rightfully accept responsibility or displace it and BLAME someone else (or blame fate). Blame seems to be only a spectator's priority, but also their pastime because it justifies (in their mind) condescension and sanctions the hypocrisy of indifference to all of the victims (ultimately, blame is only a distraction to repentance, it is the attitude of RESPONSIBILITY that is penitant, not BLAME).

Of course, GIVING (forGIVE) of exonerration/pardon (in exchange for sincere remorse, lest you enable future occurences and become an accomplice in their deeds) to someone who has wronged YOU (you can't forgive what someone does to another person, you don't even want to pretend you can, that would be immoral). Ideally, it is assumed that forgiveness will include good future intent, not just prevention of recurrence, but REPAIR of any STILL-existing consequences (recuperation), NOT an 'eye for an eye' (many people enjoy an "eye for an eye" as justification for revenge, and will answer to The Lord..."God is love" 1 John 4:16, they have an incessant need to claim all of their rights because their ego is the main ingredient of their heart instead of what God is).

Forgiveness is like many topics that are misunderstood because of our perception, but, as is true with all human nature, if a SENTIMENT (not the pretense of emotion) of sincere remorse is not present and a repitition occurs (very likely if remorse is absent), then we have contributed to evil.

For-giveness is a piece of your heart, don't cast your pearls before swine.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=106694