CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Testimonial by Vedge ..... Liver Flush Support Forum

Date:   11/21/2007 8:55:53 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   1,926
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1047200

I am happy to share Roooth. I think "healthy" is relative and largely what we make of it. The users of this forum really "know their stuff" when it comes to health, so I do not think that there is a "healthier," I just think that some of us embrace or engage in a broader range of health promoting practices. We all have the same goals in mind, which is essentially all that matters.

I haven't had the problem of sweets cravings, which I think is mostly due to a lot of limitations of dairy & eggs on a vegan diet. Most vegan "desserts" are pretty light and execellent substitutes for heavier indulgences. The best way to reduce cravings is to elimate these items from your diet completely. A fast is a great start, as you are already aware, I'm sure.

Still, for cravings in general, especially "that-time-of-the-month," I have a trick I employ often. It’s not exactly scientific, but it works for me. I find that cravings involve specific areas of the palate, e.g., salty, sweet, sour/tart. Or, cravings may involve a desire for a particular texture, e.g., crunchy, chewy or crispy. Sometimes the cravings can envelope both palate tastes and textures, or, similarly, may include sensations, e.g., as hot or cold.

My trick is to be prepared. For example, if craving salt or a heavier textured chewy food; or, simply just need something to do with your hands, try jerky,(yes, they make a vegan variety) which already happens to be a low-carb option packed with protein. For Sugar cravings try fresh fruit as opposed to juice, soda pop or candy. A great crunchy/salty option can be air popped popcorn! Use a non-aerosol, olive oil spray to lightly dust the popcorn then sprinkle lightly with Sea Salt (for salt cravers), Molly McButter sprinkles, (for those who miss butter), cayenne pepper or old bay seasoning ( for cravings for spicy food). Dried (unsulphured) fruit or a few dates will help you kick that Sugar craving really fast! Try salting your air-popped corn, tossing them in a bowl, adding warm brown rice syrup and then allowing the mixture to air dry into a crunchy, salty, sweet, batch of goodness. Add raw nuts for variety. Pretty soon, you will come up with your own list of subsitutes!

I embrace an occasional "indulgence" whenever I want. I work hard and deserve every bite of it. No beating myself up here! : )

To you health,

Vedge

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1047200