CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Why not vision ware? by wendypape ..... Amalgam Replacement Support Forum

Date:   11/13/2007 11:10:34 PM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   12,434
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1042202

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

heavy metals are in visionware. I was told by 2 sources. Many senior longtime members on the Colloidal Silver group and then Dr. Hal Huggins at his lectures in Colorado last year.I cannot find anything online to give you but I can share this and you can decide for yourself

I had high levels of aluminum,arsenic,bismuth, titanium - all between 68-95th percentile. While one could say some might be explained from other things, BISMUTH is pretty obvious from the pots.... My bismuth levels in my hair analysis were HUGE, about the 90th percentile prior to Amalgam removal but ALSO prior to ceasing the use of ALL of my visionware collection. I switched to le creuset immediately upon returning home. 1 yr later it is hardly detectable...the others are greatly decreased. From Doctors Data the company who does the hair analysis the following description for high bismuth =

Sources of Bismuth include: cosmetics (lipstick), Bi containing mediations suchas rantidineBi-citrate, antacids (pepto bismol), pigments used in colored glass and ceramics, dental cement, and dry cell battery eletrodes. I use none of the above ever except for the pots.

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE DIRECTLY FROM THE NOTES OF DR. HUGGINS LECTURES:

Cooking in stainless steel exposes you to nickel, it is quite toxic. Copper ebottoms on cookware can allow copper to enter food through stainless especially when heated. Stainless steel can also be a problem in pierced earrings. Recommended cookware: Pyrex is best but doesn’t make a skillet. Catamount is also good, may have a skillet. Best skillet found was least expensive cast iron. Lodge brand. Iron coming out into food does not seem to be a problem, does not lead to high ferratin or blocking zinc/manganese. This is not the type of iron that is useful for red blood cell formation anyway. Seasoning is not necessary, can use olive oil with butter for non-stick cooking in cast iron. 90% titanium cookware would theoretically be the best, but commercially “titanium” cookware is only 44% titanium with rest being aluminum. La Cruset French cookware is cast iron with porcelain fired at a high temperature onto it, the aluminum does not come out of it, available from Spiegel occasionally on half-price sale. Visionware has many contaminates that come out into food when heated.

Cookware
Cookware cause exposures to heavy metals. Most common cookware is aluminum, toxic. Putting Teflon on it causes exposure to fluorine. Together these are 1000 x more toxic than alone.

Tested 24 types of cookware by boiling water with vinegar or baking soda for 5 minutes, testing minerals that come out. More would have been seen in a 30 minute test.

Aluminum comes out readily from aluminum cookware and Corning ware (aluminum oxide in ceramic). The exception was La Creuset cookware, which is quite good. It is cast iron with ceramic fired onto it at a much higher temperature than usual, and aluminum does not come out. Expensive but can be found on sale occasionally.
Pyrex was the best cookware tested, and any of the glass was better than plastic for storing things in the refrigerator. Low molecular weight hydrocarbons come out of the soft plastics and are found in greater and greater amounts in the environment. Tupperware or things like this will contaminate the food, to varying amounts. Using old mayonnaise jars with big lids is worthwhile. Glass does turn out to be the best cookware. Catamount is another brand tested to a certain extent and is quite good.

For skillet, the best is cast iron. Has only small number of types of metals in it, and only a small amount comes out. Inexpensive.

Stainless steel is 71-78% nickel, with cobalt and chromium also. Nickel is very toxic, carcinogenic. Cobalt and chromium alone are not particularly toxic, but together these two raise carcinogenic potential 60 times. Putting copper on the bottom evens heat distribution, but when heated the copper comes through the stainless steel. Can taste it in water that has been boiled in copper-clad cookware for 4 days. Studies of metallurgy have found that putting different metals together in stainless steel forms an irregular mesh that sets up as a lattice as metals cool at different speeds. Copper activated by heat comes off as little tiny balls that can go through the stainless steel mesh into the food.

Visionware is glass, but has many impurities that create a very bad taste in water that is boiled in it. Gross metallic taste is terrible.

Crock pot is clay, which is aluminum, but temperature is lower so less contamination. Not as bad. Temperature is important. Storing food in aluminum foil in refrigerator is less toxic than cooking food in aluminum foil in oven. Body can remove aluminum, can be done in a hot bath. Aluminum contamination can come from boiling vegetables for a long time in aluminum pots. Nickel can also be released in a hot bath.

Heat and contact is what causes aluminum contamination. Aluminum cans are less of a problem since no heat. If you can exchange for glass, that is better. This is not something you have to take to extremes, or you will not be able to keep up with it all. Matter of what is feasible, what can be done, how far you want to go with it.

hope that helps

wendy

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1042202