CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Turiya... by #78810 ..... Law of Attraction Forum: The Secret

Date:   11/7/2007 5:42:48 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   3,641
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1037391

PTree,

Yes ...this is where the butt meets the cushion! lol...

Had to look up the meaning of tonglin... mmmmm.... sometimes i think, in taking wikipedia's comments, one has to be careful not to get too much hung up on the black and white word definitions...

I got this meditation method from my Master...I believe it has a connection with Buddha's teachings. So, yes, there is probably a connection with Tibetan Buddhism. There are a hundred or more methods of meditation... and thousands more variations... there are so many because every one has a different mind... some will feel that the quality of light relates to godliness, love, the self, truth, the ultimate... others feel that darkness has something of the infinite, nirvana, the no-self, and the boundless depths of existence relative to its quality...

Yes, but all meditations have a single common thread that links them all together... and that is the witnessing consciousness. Meditation is the art of distinguising between the thinking mind and the witnessing consciousness... of crystalizing that witnessing consciousness... and dropping the identification with the mind. So, I would not get hung up so much in what the divisions that language creates... after all, word use is a function of the mind. And so words like altruism and narcissim don't really mean much too me... at any given moment one is bound to be seen as one or the other to a certain degree or other.

This heart meditation is helpful for becoming centered in the heart... for creating compassion... it is a method to channel the compassion that arises out of meditation... and compassion can only arise of meditation.

It is my understanding that one has to begin with oneself... with loving oneself before loving another is ever possible... it may look narcissitic in the beginning but if one can take in the larger picture of what the process involves, one will effectively becomes altruistic. And ultimately will transcend both of these together. Understanding only comes from the heart. Understanding will move one beyond all the divisions of right and wrong, good and bad... narcissim and altruism and all other -isms. All of the head trips.

What is seen by others from the outside is of little importance when it comes to one's own inner growth. What labels others want to put on you is of no concern.
So, it is not a matter that you MUST do this... that MUST has a certain tension attached to it.
Forget about what others are saying... forget about what the other may think about you... because i feel that this is what you are really saying... where this is really coming from. The others will always say something about what is right and wrong to other people... if you are not there then they will find someone else to say it to.

This method appears contradictory... it is... but such is life... it is full of contradictions... it is more than just logic... it is also very illogical... love is is more than being logical...

Thank you for repsonding.
Peace.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1037391