CureZone   Log On   Join

Pregnancy symptoms after Mirena IUD removal - am I pregnant or is this normal? by puppyluv ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   11/3/2007 9:31:47 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   35,594
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1034624

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hey there! I had the Mirena IUD put in in August (22nd I think) and removed September 25th. I did not have a period during that time, but should have. I did have about 8 days of very light spotting. I had awful cramps and side effects, thus the reason I had it removed. I started my period the day after, on the 26th and it was pretty normal, as normal goes. It lasted 4 days, as usual. Was that my period, or was it just because I had the IUD removed? If it was my period, then I should have started again on October 22nd, which I did not. That would make me about 12 days late now. I am having some symptoms now... I don't know if it's pregnancy symptoms or just from the IUD. I did stop having the side effects a week or two after IUD removal and was fine for a few weeks. For about 4 days now I have had a fullness like I have to pee pretty much all the time. For about a week or a little longer I have had nausea after eating quite a bit and some light cramping. I have had softer stools than usual, but not on the lines of diarrhea. I also had a couple days of excessive discharge. I took a pregnancy test last weekend and it said no. I just took another this morning and it said no. I have a cousin and a friend that said they were 2 & 3 weeks late before testing positive (is that common?).

Could I be pregnant or is this stuff normal after IUD removal? Would I be having all these issues from the IUD after only having it in for one month? I should probably mention that my husband and I did have unprotected sex about 12 days after the start of my 'period' after coming off the IUD... oops. If I was pregnant should I have other symptoms by now? And wouldn't a pregnancy test show at least a faint line? I don't know... I'm confused.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1034624