CureZone   Log On   Join

Which Thoughts Feel Better? by Invincible ..... Law of Attraction Forum: The Secret

Date:   9/28/2007 12:37:47 AM ( 17 y ago)
Hits:   6,912
URL:   https://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1008987

2 readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Here is an exercise I learnt from Abraham about raising one's vibration when feeling negative. I've used it myself on many occasions and find it extremely useful. I typed the following out for clients to use at home and thought I'd post it here for the benefit of those who'd like to try it too.

Which Thought Feels Better?
(When something negative happens and you want to raise your vibration quickly)

•Being sensitive to how your thoughts feel in the present moment
•When faced with a decision and want to know which way to go
•Identify the vibrational frequency of your current thought so that you can re-focus on what you want, instead of what you don’t want
•Become more adept at choosing better thoughts

1.Write a brief statement of how you FEEL about the subject right now – and describe what happened.

For example: You have just had an argument with someone and they did not seem to understand your point of view. They were stubborn and closed minded.

2.Next, write a statement/s that amplifies how you feel.

For example: “He doesn’t value me/He never understands me/He doesn’t care about me at all”

3.Then write this statement “I’m going to reach for thoughts about this subject that makes me feel better.” And then look at each individual thought and evaluate if it feels better, worse or the same.

•He doesn’t listen to me (Same)
•I won’t bother to speak with him again (worse)
•I want him to understand me (same)
•I should ignore him (worse)
•I don’t know what to do about this (worse)
•I need him to be more cooperative (worse)
•It’s ok for him to have his own point of view (better)
•Well, I don’t need to have to figure it all out today (better)
•I want him to care about my feelings (same)
•I know he has a lot on his mind (better)
•Maybe he’s just having a bad day (better)
•There are so many positive things about him that I do like (better)
•I know he means well (better)

4.Focus on the thoughts that make you feel better.
Write out only the better feeling thoughts and focus on those for several minutes.

5.Which thoughts feel better?

Was it better to appreciate or condemn?
Was it better to applaud or criticise?
Think about it!

Here is another example on how to use this exercise.

1. The situation: You wake up and feel awful. Your body aches and you feel depressed.

2. Amplify this feeling: “There’s something seriously wrong with me! Life is miserable”

3. Then write this statement “I’m going to reach for thoughts about this subject that makes me feel better.” And then write down and look at each individual thought and evaluate if it feels better, worse or the same.

•I feel like crap (same)
•I’m never going to get better (worse)
•This may just be a detox reaction (better)
•I might as well be dead (worse)
•No one cares how I feel (worse)
•My body is failing me (same)
•I hate my body! (worse)
•I’ve experienced this before and got better (better)
•It can’t get much worse (same)
•I’ll feel better tomorrow (better)
•There are so many good things about my life that I appreciate (better)
•There’s a lot I can do to help myself right now (better)
•This gives me a good excuse to take it easy today (better)
•I can spend time today nurturing myself (better)

4. Now, focus ONLY on the thoughts that make you feel better.

Be still a while and feel the difference that changing your thoughts can make to how you feel, and in turn how that changes the way your body responds to your thoughts.

This is a great exercise for anytime you feel negative. Print it out and keep it handy! You can use it for almost any situation when you find yourself thinking negatively.

It will help you become more aware of how your thoughts feel and make you more adept at choosing better feeling thoughts.

This exercise gives you a little taste into the mind-body connection and shows you how your thoughts can seriously impact the way your body responds.

For the better you feel, the more that everything around you improves.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by http://www.curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1008987