CureZone   Log On   Join

specifics of condition... by plasticat ..... Acne Forum

Date:   9/25/2007 4:02:58 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,700
URL:   https://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1006909

Hello...

I am male- just turned 28 years old.

I have SEVERE skin dryness over my entire body but especially my face. My face is always bright red and inflamed with flaking and scaling skin all over it. My face is also covered in pustules. I frequently get large cysts under the skin as well. My scalp is covered with the same oozing crusty sores that are on my face.

It seems like it is a mix between severe seborrheic eczema (dermatitis) and acne.

I have been visiting these boards for a long time and I have never read about anyone having a skin condition that is even remotely like mine. I have been to numerous holistic/naturopathic dermatologists and they are left shrugging their shoulders.

I am not even sure why I post here anymore. If after seeing 20+ doctors (many of them naturopathic) and not being able to unearth a cause, I greatly doubt the random person reading this will know what is causing this.

People always mention water intake, omega oils, fat digestion, etc when they learn of the severely dry skin. I have been all over these things before and every doctor I have been to goes over them again. My dry skin has nothing to do with water intake or any oils in my diets.

I appreciate all of your responses but, like I said, I don't even know why I post anymore. I always receive the same responses that I have heard a thousand times before. Not that I don't appreciate everyone's concern and willingness to offer advice- because I do!

How often do I spank the monkey? Believe it or not, I have been asked this before too. Very rarely so that can't factor into anything.

I used to think that there was a purpose for everything that happens in a person's life. I thought that each occurence betters them in some way.

I no longer believe this. There is only one god- the god of chance. Whatever happens in your life is like a roll of the dice. It is ALL chance.

There is absolutely nothing good that has or will ever come out of this horrible experience.

When I say things like this, users write back and tell me to quit complaining and stop being so negative. "Quit whining!" --yeah, I've heard that before from some of the compassionate folks here on curezone.

That would be saying and feeling the exact same things if they have gone through what I have. I have lost 10 years of my life forever. It takes all of my courage to even leave my house and when I do the shame and embarassment drain me of all of my energy. I feel like I am going to puke when I am around other people because of how my skin is. Nobody should have to suffer humiliation like this, NOBODY.

I am losing more and more of my soul with each passing day. I don't even remember the person that I used to be. I used to be happy and funny, but that person is dead.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1006909