CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: hath god said?

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Mama Crow Views: 1,977
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 987,998

Re: hath god said?

Trapper's question: "so where did the man in the garden come from?"

(y'all don't laugh at me or discard me, okay? I am making a serious effort ALONE over here.)

but COULD the "serpent" be a "fallen-to-the-dark-side" cherubim?

The Hebrew word nachash does not connote a snake. Translators assumed, since God said that the nashash was cursed to go upon his belly from that day forth, that it was a snake which appeared to Eve. Right? are we in kind of an agreement on that assumption?

Now I gather y'all don't believe there was an arch-angel named Lucifer (still don't understand WHY yet, but I gather that fact and I'm still chewing the gristle of it ... hehe)

But I want y'all to try to understand where I'm coming from, too ... okay?

For the sake of argumentative possibility:

How much of human history passed prior to the flood of Noah's time?

Ancient civilizations are replete with various monuments, sculptures and icons which represent the ancient's KNOWLEDGE of the cherubim.

The famous Sphinx of Egypt ... guarding the pyramids ... features the head of a man and the body of a lion. The "winged bulls of Bashan" as well as the huge man-headed, winged oxen of Babylon's gates attest to the fact that ancient man worshiped "the host of heaven." A "winged flying serpent" was universally worshiped, and was the principal "god" of the Aztecs, who called him Quetzalcoatl (Quetzal meaning bird, and coatl meaning serpent.) blah, blah, blah ...

Okay. Whew.

So anyway ... in my current understanding, Lucifer is/was/whatever called a "cherub"

But what is a cherub? How do they appear?

Traditional church art displays little naked babies with tiny wings as cherubic. A baby is said to have "cherubic" cheeks and visage.

(We know nothing could be further from the truth.)

But!

I think ... I wonder ... IF it could have been a large, awesome creature which approached Eve?

Nachash does not connote aspect, but character.

True to his trafficking in jealousy and resentment toward God, the "whispering enchanter" who was more subtle than the other creatures told Eve the first great lie (which he has perpetuated ever since) that "she would NOT surely die" ... implying that she would live forever! The doctrine of the "immortality of the soul" finds its roots in this first big lie.

But anyway back to my hypothesis.

Eve would not be startled or terrified when a commanding-presenced creature looking like this ... like a cherub ... standing upright, with four faces and four wings ... spoke to her. Would she?

She would have had no previous frame of reference.

Dang. I know what I want to say, but it just ain't flowing out my fingers right .... but in my mind it makes sense and seems plausible.

I just need to get a grasp on WHY ya'll don't believe there were archangels ... and why ya'll don't believe one went bad.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

3.640 sec, (2)