CureZone   Log On   Join
An addendum to my "It's Out" post...

Iggie11 Views: 3,206
Published: 15 years ago

An addendum to my "It's Out" post...

I didn't mention this when I posted last night 'cause I was so elated the thing was out, but now that I've come down some.... Odd experience when the IUD was removed last night and wondering if anyone has had/has heard about something similar.... I mentioned in my post that I had to get a pelvic exam after the IUD was removed. When my doctor did that thing where they put a finger or two (??) up inside to feel the organs, I got this sharp pain! It felt like a strong gas cramp--but a gas pain when my cervix was being pressed on/touched?? Sounds weird to me. My Dr. examined further, and the pain seemed to ease. She said everything felt normal. Soon after I got home (about 20 minutes after the exam itself) I had some bleeding. I wasn't too concerned with it because my period had kind of started/spotted two days earlier. So I just figured it was my period. But then after a few hours of this thin, bright-red blood it stopped. All evening after my exam I had (sorry for the TMI here) a ton of gas passed which I haven't had that happen in a while. I felt a lot "thinner" after all that, and with the IUD out. My actual period started late this morning. So I don't think the blood after the exam was period-related. Now I'm concerned. Could it have been just gas, as I thought? Or has anyone heard about the cervix having problems/inflammation/etc. w/the Mirena--especially with removal (even though I felt nothing and it was really quick) and that causing blood? (One possibility that has come to me: when my son was born 3 1/2 years ago I had to have surgury a few hours after b/c of cervical lacerations. Soo..maybe scar tissue??). Now I'm all stressed it could be something serious. Argh!! Any thoughts or experiences welcomed!!! Thank you all!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)