CureZone   Log On   Join
It's out!! My update...

iggie11 Views: 1,703
Published: 15 years ago

It's out!! My update...

After finding this site about a week ago, I called my doctor the next day to make an appointment to get the beast out, and today was "the day." I was so worried that the iud was going to be embedded, or that they'd put up a fuss for me wanting it out. But it all went quite smoothly. The nurse asked me why I wanted the mirena out, and I told her that my husband and I wanted another child. This was a partial lie: we want another child--in about two years--but I didn't want to deal with the "debate" of telling her or the doctor the truth because I've told them about my symptoms before and I was totally brushed off. I just didn't want to deal with having to put up a fight. So anyway--the dr. found it easily apparently, and removing it was absolutely painless (beyond the general cramp from the speculum). I was overdue (by about 2 months) for my pelvic so she did that next. I told her about the off-and-on lower left pain I've been experiencing and she examined that area--she said everything was normal. Everything else was fine, too. So how do I feel now? Pretty good. My period started up a bit yesterday (2 years and 8 months on the Mirena and I never didn't have a period). So I have some bloating and slight cramping. Other than that I do feel a bit "lighter" in my lower abdomen. I'm not sure how long to wait out the bloatedness, though. There's some additional fat there, which I know will take some time to come off. But the bloated feeling....hope it's just water weight gain and my period'll take care of that. If not, it's back to worry time for me (see my "ovarian cancer" post). Hopefully all is and will be well.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

2.422 sec, (1)