CureZone   Log On   Join
Health Journey (One Day At A Time) – Part 3

rabbitears Views: 2,126
Published: 17 y

Health Journey (One Day At A Time) – Part 3

Hello:

When I started the first Journey into Healing I didn’t have an inkling that I’d be writing more on my shared thoughts and experiences. I figured if I was able to articulate some things, perhaps people might be able to understand that they’re not alone in their experiences or could try some of these things out.

During my battle with health, I had days where I felt good with high energy. Then, there were other days that I could barely function – problems breathing, walking, in excruciating pain, etc. Some of these bad days would turn quickly and unexpectantly without notice. The swiftness of how bad things changed always amazed me and threw me off. The change of events could last a half day, a day, run into days, or a full week of discomforts.

Being unwell required me to accept that if I did something, it might take me four times as long to do a simple task than I’d normally do quickly if I were in a healthier state. I later learned how to work around them the best way that I could – accepting this was tough. I had to learn to not be so hard on myself if I couldn’t physically function the way that I use to.

When in pain or feeling like I was going to “die” I came upon some unconventional methods. These are some things that I did that helped me out along the way.

Body Talk
Body Talk is preparing your body for a certain task of the day, like an agreement. It requires a mindset to take place so that you can physically function for a certain period of time. My Body Talk consisted of mentally projecting my thoughts into the next day when I knew I needed to do something. I’d take the time to visualize and mentally mapped out “x” amount of time that I was allowed. In this “agreement” my body gave me the strength to function within the timeframe that I mapped out. If I found myself in a situation that required me to go over my “time limit”, I’d renegotiate with my body and ask for extra time promising to rest when I got home. For the most part this worked well, but there were other times that it didn’t and I had to be prepared at all times. I used Body Talk even on the worst of days (projecting how I’d feel in 2 hours) and it helped by supplying me with some energy to do a small function.

I’ve even used it to project how I’d function weeks ahead for a set appointment date. This was helpful with allowing me to work on a timeframe in advance for a series of days that I needed. Last year Body Talk was helpful when someone came in from out of town for the holidays, for several days. The day before they arrived I wasn’t feeling well and was really concerned that it wasn’t going to work out, but I kept project the series of days that I needed with that person. When I woke up the next day I felt good; everything went well with the days and timeframe that I had projected! My visitor had no idea that I was ill because I had high energy the entire time. After they left town I was able to crash for about a week.

Removing Toxins
Whether your doing cleanses or have a high burden of parasites, at some point, you’re going to feel overburden with a possible toxin build-up. Your body may feel awful with aches, pains, headaches, bone creaks, and overall weakness. Bottom line, total misery! When all else fails to relieve symptoms, it maybe time to do an enema.

Personally, I hate enemas and they are the last thing on my mind when I’m feeling bad. One day (actually, my second day) I was so miserable – sitting bothered me as much as movement and I didn’t know what to do with myself. I instinctively decided to do a warm water enema and took a hot shower afterwards. Literally, within minutes I felt better. All my miserable symptoms disappeared and surprisingly I had some energy! Not only did I try this once but on several other occasions and it worked every time. (I’m going to post something on enemas shortly – when to do them is very important.)

I found that the most beneficial enemas were done with a large water bag. To help evacuate everything without strain, I propped my feet up using a large telephone book or block of wood (not too high) and leaned forward against my thighs.

Sitting in Silence
I had mentioned this before in the first write-up that I did but wanted to emphasize this point when dealing with pain. At times when I was in real pain it was hard to do “something” about it. Throughout the day and night, I’d be very uncomfortable and fight the pain all day long. I’m not a person who enjoys taking medication. When I have given into pain meds they made me feel sicker with nausea and didn’t necessarily “fix the problem” because I could still feel pain. One day my problem got so bad that I was forced to sit with it. This required that I didn’t fight AGAINST the pain. I cleared my mind and literally sat in silence, in allowing whatever waves of pain that I felt to hit me without resistance. At some point in this total silence with no thoughts (meditation) the pain cleared completely within an hour! I tried this again to see if it was effective and found it just as beneficial. The problem in this method is that when in acute pain it is difficult to REMEMBER to “just sit”! No thought, hardly any breath, no movement – nothing! We’ve been brainwashed to get the “quick fix” with a pill or to “fight” something if we feel we’re being “attacked”. When we surrender into the situation the body has its own intelligence. The first time that I did this, I realized that I could have sat in silence with the onset of pain and had a much better day. Again, sitting in silence seems counter-intuitive but it was something that worked for me when no other option was available.

Physical Exercise
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and not do anything. Getting the blood to circulate in your system is needed; our bodies were designed for movement. If you can, try to get 20-40 minutes of walking in during the day or some other form of movement.

There were plenty of days that I was unable to do anything! On the days that I had very little energy, I walked 3-5 minutes which required me to walk up the street and returned. Even though I was uncomfortable to start, I found it had benefited me later by not allowing the muscles to atrophy. If you have a large exercise ball it’s also good to use for a few minutes. I’d sit on it making small swivel or rocking motions – good to use while on the computer. If I was going into a series of days of feeling extremely bad or experienced leg swelling, I’d elevate one leg on the ball and gently bounced it, then switched applying the same method. This helped with circulation too through the application of simple movements.

At other times I’d have high energy to start and within 7-10 minutes I felt that I might be in trouble because my energy drastically changed or I had difficulty breathing or felt pain, or whatever. In these cases, there wasn’t much I could do. With each step, I thanked my legs for moving me along. I found that when I was able to give thanks, I could walk a little further or better and got myself back home.

Look at each day to find some good in it! Take advantage of the “good days” and enjoy life. During the times that weren’t so great, I’d give thanks for being in the moment. Many times I’d give thanks for my eyes because I could read; give thanks for my lungs because I can breathe; I’d give thanks for my taste buds for the food that I ate; I’d give thanks to the sun for its warm that touched my skin, and etceteras.

Little “thank yous” always took me a little further into the next minute, into the next hour, and into the next day. Giving thanks for the things I use to take for granted is what helped me stay in a place of peace or got me through the hard times.

Best of Health,

DD

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (4)