CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Committed Buddies Wanted!

carby21 Views: 1,925
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 926,432

Re: Committed Buddies Wanted!

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I think we make a great team xD So, to answer your questions, "the strips" are called "ketone strips" and are typically for diabetics and low carb fasters. They gauge your ketone levels in the urine. When your body goes into ketosis (utilizing only fat for energy), ketones are released. The more you have, the more you burn fat, and the darker in color the strips turn. Get you some! It's a great progress indicator aside from just the scale. Taking your measurements is a great way too.

Second, Slim n Six is an exercise program that gets you lean. Visit
http://www.beachbody.com
for more info. I personally prefer David Kirsch's Ultimate New York Body bootcamp b/c the workout is fun, BUT it kicks your a**. So Slim n 6 gives me a rigorous workout without being too unpredictable.

So about your eating habits. I cook for my husband too, and I'm not even interested in eating his food. Though my tummy does still get a hungry feeling. It's usually when I need more water. After that, most times I'm fine. But again, I'm not perfect, I had a Sugar free Werther candy today. I didn't mind b/c it's so small and I felt hungry, and it satisfied it. I typically don't advocate fake sugars b/c they're poison to me and make me sick, but I'm not spartan about it. One teeny sf candy is fine for me and doesn't give me cravings. Also, when I feel stressed (I eat when stressed) or have that hungry feeling, I chew food then spit it out. It's not the most "correct" way, but it works for me. I've done this twice I think, and each time I felt better. It's like weaning off of the emotional eating, because I am weakest during stress and social situations.

Sooo, today I lost 2 lbs. and feel great! I have energy and I woke up early (fasters usually don't need as much sleep). But one tip, DON'T DRINK SENNA TEA!!!!!!!!!!! I used it on The Master Cleanse without a problem, but since my digestive tract is even more dormant, the irritable effects of senna become SO pronounced. I literally had to ly in bed in the fetal position and fall asleep for the discomfort to stop. Salt water flushes are by far the best method to cleanse the bowels.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.406 sec, (2)