CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Natural cosmetics for oily acne-prone skin

alice Views: 11,064
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,050

Re: Natural cosmetics for oily acne-prone skin

hey there, i have been using natural cosmetics for a while now, and find they work just as well if not better than manufactured kinds.

i do use aloe vera as a face mask, you can mix a tablespoon aloe vera gel with 1 drop of essential oil, i usually use tea tree. you can also use a thin layer of aloe vera as a moisturiser.

i love using eggs as masks, the yolk is good for nourishing your skin, and the white good for tightening it, both are good for problem skins. i have heard that if you put the egg yolk on your face for ten minutes a night before bed your Acne clears up but i havent tried this.
honey is a good mask too, it has an antibacterial agent in it and promotes healing.

i ALWAYS put on foundation to cover the worst of my acne, make sure the products you buy are non-comeodogenic and you should be ok. personally i found no difference in my skins condition when i used make up to when i didnt.

i wash my face twice a day with cleansing grains, make sure you dont scrub when you use this:
1 cup oats
2 cups white clay
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried herb-teabags are good (lavender, mint, chamomile etc.)

put all these in a coffee grinder or something until they are a fine powder. keep in a jar and mix a tablespoon with enough water to form a paste when needed.
after i cleanse with the grains i tone with pure rosewater-not food grade with alcohol in it (available at most chemists) and finally i use a thin layer of aloe vera gel.

hope this all helps and good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.org

4.688 sec, (1)