CureZone   Log On   Join
automatic dishwashers make me sick

peace_thru_unity Views: 9,380
Published: 17 y

automatic dishwashers make me sick

I want to share this with others because I don't think I can be the only one who is affected by this.

We have been remodeling our home for the past 9 years. We took down two walls and made a half-wall with glass block between the kitchen and the livingroom. It's very beautiful w/ lots of nice plants, etc.

About the time we took down the walls, I started getting sick every four days -- I would get a headache and my feet would hurt so badly that I would literally hobble around for a day or two, especially in the morning. I am 47, and do not have arthritis. I attributed it to fibromyalgia (I have EBV), and thought it was just going to get worse as I got older. I went on like this off and on for about eight years, never attributing it to anything in my environment.

One day I was standing alone in the kitchen rinsing dishes and thinking "OH GOD, can't You do something about my feet?! I just can't stand it anymore!"

Then *someone* communicated to me so clearly, it was almost as if they were standing next to me.

I had a very clear obviously not my own thought:

"HEY! -- that dishwasher gassing stuff is causing your pain"

This 'thought-voice' sounded high-pitched, and the cadence was of someone maybe in their early twenties or younger.

I called my ND and told him this, and he said: "sure... the vapor put out by your dishwasher probably contains chlorine and other chemicals, not to mention the moisture it puts into the air". He asked me if the smell of the running dishwasher filled up the kitchen when it was going, and I said that it fills up the livingroom too. He suggested that I run it only at night w/ the exhaust fan going, and shut doors between the kitchen and sleeping area.

About 2 weeks after we started doing this, my feet stopped hurting. I am walking around the house barefoot, and not hobbling and wincing. My husband noticed right away that I was striding along like a normal person, and I told him about the dishwasher.

We had a house guest recently for about 2 months. When she arrived and wanted to run the dishwasher at lunchtime, I told her we don't run it during the day, and why. I got the feeling she did not really believe it would affect me that badly.

Well, she stayed up late one night after I put the dishwasher on and went to bed. She couldn't hear her movie, so she paused the dishwasher and shut off the exhaust fan. She turned it back on around 6 a.m., but forgot to turn the fan back on. I got up around 8 and noticed the smell right away, but I thought maybe it would be a good test for me.

For three long days I hobbled around barely able to walk, and also had three migraines in the week following.

She believes me now!

peace
:)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)