CureZone   Log On   Join
You guys will love this

SharN Views: 10,775
Published: 14 years ago

You guys will love this

A girl on another board is telling women that they infections they are getting from the Mirena are because their dr's are using unsterilized equipment ! Here's her posts:

Maybe the doctors that put your IUD in didn't do it properly or it sounds like they were'nt cautious when it came to using disinfected tools...or maybe the nurses didn't do their job properly. Either way it sounds like the infections were PUT in with your IUD. I am sorry that you all had to go through this because mine has been in for 2 months and besides the occassional cramp (which my doc warned me about) or the occassional bleeding, I've been as happy as can be with it
My sex drive is up, if anything, since there isn't the worry of pregnancy...and I don't feel depressed. In fact, my other doc, to whom I've gone to speak about my PMS has told me that with Mirena it would eventually probalby help, because it levels your hormones.
My doc warned me on the Copper IUD!!! and I'm happy I paid the extra bucks for Mirena.
Yeast infections are easy enough to get, sometimes from certain drugs, sometimes from your partner who hasn't been faithful, sometimes from your too many baths and not enough cleaning the bathtub!
I live with a pharmacist If he didn't think Mirena safe for me, he would not have bought it for me!!
If I were all you, I'd go talk to another gyno and get his opinion on your experience. I wouldn't be surprised if your infections and pain was due to your doctor's incompetance. My pharmacist man deals with those kind EVERY DAY! Not all doctors are good at doctoring... unfortunatelly.

I talked to my pharmacist man and he said that most likely your yeast infections are being given to you by your husband/boyfriend. Usually when you stop using condoms and go 'natural', there are bacteria on the man's penis that may be directly causing your yeast infections...is that possible?

Here is my response:

I dont know what kind of pharmacist you know. Keep in mind that a pharmacist is no where near a dr. Yes you can get a yeast infection from your partner only if he has gotten it from you before and wasn't treated and you pass it back and forth to eachother or from someone else. Most women are experiencing BV (bacterial vaginosis) which is KNOWN to be from every type of IUD. You do not get them from your dr's office. You can however get PID which is another infection from the insertion of an IUD if you already have BV. BV can have NO symptoms in some women. It is not known what causes BV but it is known that you have an increased chance with an IUD. It has to do with the natural blance of flora in your system. Taking acidophilous helps, eating yogurt with the live cultures helps. BV is more common than yeast infections and between 10-64% of women experience them at some time or another. Google IUD and bacterial vaginosis and every site will tell you there is an increased chance of getting one with the IUD.

Bacterial Vaginosis
Any woman can get BV. However, some activities or behaviors can upset the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina and put women at increased risk:
Having a new sex partner or multiple sex partners
Douching
Using an intrauterine device (IUD) for contraception
Pregnant women are at increased risk for complications of BV.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

11.516 sec, (2)