CureZone   Log On   Join
Feces coming out of belly button

Views: 27,262
Published: 17 y

Feces coming out of belly button

I have no idea what forum to place this on, but a week and a half ago my friend discovered that she had feces coming out of her belly button. The emergency room doctor was no help (other than to confirm it was feces and bill her insurance for the visit), but the next day a gastroenterologist suspected that it was a fistula caused by Crohn's (which she'd never even heard of before, much less been diagnosed with). However, tests he ran do not indicate Crohn's and, a week and a half later, it's still uncertain how this happened (it's since stopped, but why it happened is still a great mystery). It only went on for the whole day and she could literally press on her belly and more would come out as though being squeezed through a tube, but she had no pain, no forwarning and has never had any serious health problems in the past. I've searched all over the web and can't find reports of anything similar. The closest I found was a man who had several fistulas due to a botched surgery for Crohn's, but while his symptoms were similar (feces coming from the fistulas), nothing else about his situation matches my friend's.

She's scheduled for a colonoscopy this week and, hopefully, it will tell us more, but has anyone heard of this before? Also, if there's a better forum to post this on, please suggest.

Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)