"1. Free Iodine penetrates through the unbroken skin.
2. Approximately 88 per cent of the Iodine evaporate from the surface within three days.
3. Colloidal iodine evaporates somewhat more quickly than tincture of iodine; Lugol’s solution is more stable than either of them.
4. The influence of ambient temperature on the evaporation of iodine is significant: within the first minute, the losses of iodine by evaporation are: 10-15% at 9° c; 18-25% at 24° c; and 35% at 37° c.
5. The remaining iodine on the skin following evaporation of 88% of the total iodine, approximately 12 per cent, is at the disposal of the body, and penetrates through the skin. The bioavailability of the remaining 12% of the skin iodine is very gradual.
6. The fate of iodine in all above experiments is the same whether iodine is applied to the skin in the form of an alcoholic solution or in colloidal suspension. (For the reader’s information, the alcoholic solution is tincture of iodine and the colloidal suspension is a saturated aqueous solution of diatomic iodine, I2 )."
unless, I believe, you suspend the iodine in a cream/salve formulation..and I have gotten manifestations of "detox" with salve.
So, you really shouldn't expect any "detox" from painting. You WERE supplying your bod w/some iodine, so that's a good thing:)
Actually, you've been "on iodine" for two months. & brain fog & headaches are detox, be patient, the colored pee will come. I didn't get(consistently) colored pee until 2 mos. into it. & now, it's coming in waves.
As for you being "gunked up", are you? If you are, I would absolutly tend to that first...