CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Absorption???

wombat Views: 2,023
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 882,467

Re: Absorption???

Most topically applied Iodine is not absorbed...Guy Abraham, MD.

http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/updates/UNIOD-02/UNIOD_02.htm

"1. Free Iodine penetrates through the unbroken skin.
2. Approximately 88 per cent of the Iodine evaporate from the surface within three days.
3. Colloidal iodine evaporates somewhat more quickly than tincture of iodine; Lugol’s solution is more stable than either of them.
4. The influence of ambient temperature on the evaporation of iodine is significant: within the first minute, the losses of iodine by evaporation are: 10-15% at 9° c; 18-25% at 24° c; and 35% at 37° c.
5. The remaining iodine on the skin following evaporation of 88% of the total iodine, approximately 12 per cent, is at the disposal of the body, and penetrates through the skin. The bioavailability of the remaining 12% of the skin iodine is very gradual.
6. The fate of iodine in all above experiments is the same whether iodine is applied to the skin in the form of an alcoholic solution or in colloidal suspension. (For the reader’s information, the alcoholic solution is tincture of iodine and the colloidal suspension is a saturated aqueous solution of diatomic iodine, I2 )."

unless, I believe, you suspend the iodine in a cream/salve formulation..and I have gotten manifestations of "detox" with salve.

So, you really shouldn't expect any "detox" from painting. You WERE supplying your bod w/some iodine, so that's a good thing:)

Actually, you've been "on iodine" for two months. & brain fog & headaches are detox, be patient, the colored pee will come. I didn't get(consistently) colored pee until 2 mos. into it. & now, it's coming in waves.

As for you being "gunked up", are you? If you are, I would absolutly tend to that first...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.643 sec, (1)