CureZone   Log On   Join
All about Lynn for wombat!

lyn122 Views: 10,751
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 881,349

All about Lynn for wombat!

LOL..okay my story...Just happened to hook up with the Iodine crowd so I got an early start. Now you all are driving me into the dust Iodine knowledge-wise...and I luv it.

So here's the quickie version...I always love hearing someone's story so I want to know yours too!

I got into weston price eating about 7 years ago trying to solve teeth problems. I found out about Sally Fallon's book in the spring so spent my summer off (remember I'm a biology teacher) relearning to cook and locate food. I was quasi-veg and soy eating.
Hubby had to teach me to buy meat....it was bad at first! Also started taking cooking classes with some excellent local chefs and discovered I love to cook with meat!

ALso got into finding and distributing raw dairy in Atlanta....this was 6 years ago so it was really hard to find then. I became an Atlanta WP chapterleader and started going to the yearly conferences. Also wrote an article for Wise Tradtions on eating liver. That's the one Nerissa came across.

SO I was a TOTAL convert to weston price eating....BUT....

things still weren't quite right. I was having headaches in the afternoons, gaining weight, hot flashes, night sweats, getting way stressed at work, etc. Plus already had fibroid tumors removed at 44 and now had horrific fibrocystic breasts. Cut down on fats and meat and breast felt better but teeth fell apart. Increase fats so teeth get better then breasts are at risk and hurt like hell every month.

So what to do...I happened to run in, online, to another weston price chapterleader, close to my age, who started on bio-identical hormones with great success so we got together online and I started using those. Really made a huge, huge difference in the quality of my life plus I hooked up with some fascinating very bright women (this was on the early days of the yahoo group rhythmicliving and the rhythmicliving.com website)

One of the women came back from a conference raving about Sherry Tenpenny's talk on Iodine and I had just heard about Jerry Brunetti speak about it at the weston price conference. We were up and running on the research then. I had already met Lynne Farrow who runs breastcancerchoices.org online and she started pulling the iodine information apart with a fine tooth comb reading all she could find published over the last 50 years.

Then Zoe, who runs iodine4health, showed up on rhthymicliving fascinated with the iodine research and started the iodine yahoo group. The information came in so fast that she needed a website to organize it all and I offered our computer system as the host for free. Right now it's running in our office but Zoe controls it. (I actually can't even access the site right now with my notebook because of some weird wireless glitch..hubby says too complicated to fix so go figure huh. If I want to research on it I have to use his computer or do it at work.)

Anyhow....I know about Jerry Brunetti and Orlee because 2 years I realized I had to understand the soil to really understand Price's research.....grain free, paleo, raw etc only went so far. The food was only worth the minerals in it. So I decided the weekend before the 2005 AcresUSA conference I could drive to it. Called in sick and took off in the car. That was one of the best decisions ever...Orlee, Dan Skow, Brunetti all spoke and I was in heaven. Finally I got a sense of the role of minerals in making food nutrient dense and rich in antioxidants. And just as important what happens when you eat low mineral food. (Dan Skow calls that organic lettuce from Calif. heart attack salad because it will throw off your mineral balance it's grown so poorly..way too much Nitrogen and phos)

Now I go every year to the AcresUSA conference and the Weston Price conference.
Huge wealth of knowledge and chances to ask people in the know those burning questions.

As for what I'm doing now...Last Jan I started partime in Chinese medicine school. I will retire from teaching next year (fingers crossed). Then it's fulltime so in 3 years I'll have a Masters in Oriental Medicine and be licensed to practice acupunture. (Orlee's book and research is what got me going finally in this direction....the energy circuits in the body are really compelling)

Well that's the condensed version of my story....so wombat...I'd sure love to hear yours too!

Lynn

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (2)